Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privacy violated

Options
  • 04-07-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

I used my user name recently to gain information on a family related issue.
    This now appears on google.ie meaning people could trace my user name back to me.
    Not happy with that invasion of my privacy - how can I get my account closed down and the previous posts deleted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

If you want specific posts deleted, you should discuss it with the moderator(s) of the forum in question. As a general rule, we don't do "blanket delete" operations on accounts for people.

To close your account, send a mail to hello@boards.ie from the account you registered your account with, requesting that it be closed. Any subscriptions or e-mail notifications your a/c has will be removed, your password scrambled, and the account marked as closed. Please note - closing an account does not mean that we delete (or otherwise remove from view) your posts, so you need to talk to the mods in question about that beforehand.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I would say in passing, however, that I don't believe there has been any violation of privacy. You created the connection between your username and your family in a public forum. That association ceased to be private the minute you did so.

Advertisement