Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BARKING DOG

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Giedre wrote: »
    I live in semi detached house neighbourhood. Everything was fine until new neighbours moved in. They dog lives outside 24/7. Be barks on people, he barks on postman, he pollutes all the neighbourhood gardens (mine too). Sometimes he runs around with few homeless dogs. I have cat who likes to site near the window. These dogs like to site in my garden and bark on cat. Fed days ago that neighbours dog barked from around 1 in the morning to 8 o'clock. He was just running around the neighbourhood and barking on nothing.. So there was no sleep at night. One week ago i send those neighbours a letter telling that dog barks a lot, that he pollutes gardens and all the neighbourhood would like them to take attention to this. Nothing changed. What can i do?

Some time ago homeless cat had kittens in my garden, so i called to my city SPCA for help and they said that they cant help me. They have no space. They are very busy with other problems and these kittens are my problem.

So what can i do now to get the help? Is this dog neglected if he is outside all the time and runs around with homeless dogs? I have small puppy and i cant take him for a walk because that dog runs around and barks. What if he will bite?
    I feel like im going crazy.. I'm just so tired of that barking.. Any advice?

Thanks
    (and sorry for my english)

Your neighbour must legally have the dog under control. This means in a secure garden if being kept outside. You can report to the dog warden.

I have two dogs and love them dearly and I'm terrified when they get out occassionaly that they will get hurt. By get out I mean through the front door when I'm talking to someone, then begins the chase, especially to catch the little guy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭airman101

well i have to say this thread was absolutely no help at all... my tennants have a small child and next doors dog is keeping the little fella awake all the time with barking, dont really know wat to do to stop as the neighbours dont give a sh1te....

p.s. why do a lot of threads go completly off point (e.g. rehoming of dogs)?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

airman101 wrote: »
    well i have to say this thread was absolutely no help at all... my tennants have a small child and next doors dog is keeping the little fella awake all the time with barking, dont really know wat to do to stop as the neighbours dont give a sh1te....

p.s. why do a lot of threads go completly off point (e.g. rehoming of dogs)?????

But this is your first post in this thread so it was never directed or for you in the first place??:confused:
    Have you contacted your neighbours or have you done anything to try and solve your situation? Are your neighbours aware the problem its causing your tenants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Ungrateful sod.

neighbours are pretty unapproachable people and refuse to do anything to help the situation.... i dont think ya need to post on a thread to find it helpful to be honest....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

neighbours are pretty unapproachable people and refuse to do anything to help the situation.... i dont think ya need to post on a thread to find it helpful to be honest....

But why are you saying its un helpful when you havent even asked for help in the first place??

im simply saying that i had a look through this thread to see if any1 else had the same problem as me and also if they had any help with their problem thus also helping me... it just so happens that some people did have the same problem as me... but as far as i can see they recieved very little help and as a a knock on affect i also recieved very little help...

(all this to and froing was my other problem with the thread as we are not talking about barking dogs, or helping with the original problem at all) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Airman101 I believe it has been mentioned many times that your options are
    1. Most important, talk to your neighbour.
    2. Get proof of the extent of the barking if the neighbour does nothing
    3. Go to the dog warden and guards for disturbance.

all been done, my tennant went next door to talk to these people and was told to go and f*ck off, she then baked a cake brought it next door and tried to talk to the people and was told to take her cake and f*ck off, she then wrote a letter in broken english (herself and her husband are eastern european) and posted it through the door because she felt too intimidated to approch the neighbour again, the letter was crumpled up and shoved back through the door of my house. the dog warden was then called, when he came out he had a quick look over the fence and said he could do nothing....

i have no idea where i go from here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

buy your neighbour another lab. he'l have company then and wont be barking all day.......;)

• Advertisement

im on the verge of buying him a mince burger loaded with slepping pills..

and before the high horse brigade get on my case i would never actually do that!!"!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I haven't read all the posts on this thread for this topic but I stumbled across this link which explains the procedure if one wants to complain/do something about a barking dog:-

http://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Services/Dog-Pound/Barking-Dogs/

Advertisement