Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden open sign?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

does anyone know anything about the garden open sign at j skelly roundabout. Is it for kids? Has anyone been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

Perhaps it is part of the annual Gardens of Wicklow Festival,

but can't quite work out which garden it was indicating unless it was the Garden Exhibition Centre at Kilquade.

http://www.mypois.ie/wicklowct.php

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

if you come from j.s. Car park and go straight through roundabout you're directed up path to what looks like a private house. Wall and large gate block view of what's inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

It's probably somebody's show garden open for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon over the summer; fundraising for a good cause; labour of love etc.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Indeed, the sign did indicate the garden was in support of Greystones Cancer Support or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

There were loads of cars parked there yesterday. I can see the house from my garden. I wonder are they the people who owned the land originally before Charlesland was built?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

The garden is owned by the people who previously owned all of the land in Charlesland. They opened their garden for viewing to raise money for local charity

Advertisement