Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

What number do I ring to cancel XBOX LIVE automatic renewal.

• 04-07-2010 1:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I no longer want to renew as I don't play Xbox much anymore, what number do I ring? Has anyone done this before? Can you guide me through it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

No need to ring up.

Go to xbox.com
    Sign into your Account
    Go to My Account from the dropdown menu in the top right hand corner of the screen.
    Click Membership Level on the left hand side.
    Notice where it says "Automatic Renewal: On" and click "On".
    Now scroll down to the bottom of the new page and mark Automatic Renewal as Off.

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sharkbite1983

Aren't they scumbags with their default setting as 'automatic renewal'. Same thing happpened me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

They've removed that option I believe as I've tried it myself and can't do it! I've emailed them on the "contact us" part so I'll see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

gizmo wrote: »
    No need to ring up.

Go to xbox.com
    Sign into your Account
    Go to My Account from the dropdown menu in the top right hand corner of the screen.
    Click Membership Level on the left hand side.
    Notice where it says "Automatic Renewal: On" and click "On".
    Now scroll down to the bottom of the new page and mark Automatic Renewal as Off.

Done!

Tried it, doesn't work, can't click on the "On".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tried it, doesn't work, can't click on the "On".

1800 509 186

• Advertisement

Found the number:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact/

gonna ring up now.

Ok, just rang up and cancelled the automatic renewal, was a very easy process :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Ah balls, glad you got it sorted anyway though. :)

I tend to use the prepaid cards to pay for my sub since they can be had for so much cheaper online.

gizmo wrote: »
    Ah balls, glad you got it sorted anyway though. :)

I tend to use the prepaid cards to pay for my sub since they can be had for so much cheaper online.

Yeah, luckily for me I built a PC recently, since games can typically be had for cheaper than console games and gaming online is also typically free, I shall be doing more PC gaming from now on :)

Advertisement