Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Boards.ie Beers Night Out (July 23rd!)

• 04-07-2010 2:20pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Alright folks, since the last plan to organize a Waterford Boards.ie Beers Night Out was postponed, perhaps its best we got the ball rolling on selecting a better date for everybody straight away. :)

First, lets just narrow down some dates. I think we should stick with July, so those interested in going can give a rough idea when they should be free. Unless there are any objections, lets meet in Downses (Thomas St. - for further directions, just ask) around 9pm on the selected date.

Suggested Dates:-
    Saturday, July 10th
    Saturday, July 17th
    Saturday, July 24th
    Saturday, July 31st

(I skipped Friday, as these things generally are more popular on a Saturday).

Just post back with the date that suits, ideally asap, so we can confirm and publish the date some more. Everyone is welcome to the Boards Beers and you can bring a friend if you like. :)

Can you make beers on the 23rd of July? 6 votes

Yes I will definately be in.
    0%
    No I'm a lightweight :)
    66%
    ziedthjonnyfingersnkay1985snuggles09 4 votes
    I'll try pop in if I can.
    33%
    SullyMinstrel27 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

10th would suit me for sure but would have to ask for the other weekends off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

10th & 17th are a no go for me, I could call in the 31st for a few but it wouldn't be mental cause I'd go straight to 1.30am bus to airport and onto Vegas.

So 24th or 31st are grand for me

ziedth wrote: »
    10th & 17th are a no go for me, I could call in the 31st for a few but it wouldn't be mental cause I'd go straight to 1.30am bus to airport and onto Vegas.

So 24th or 31st are grand for me
    Get twisted in Downses and by time you stumble down to Parnell St, the bus will be almost there. Just make sure you arrange someone to bring your bag down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

any night bar the 10th are grand for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Have the nephews 21st on the 17th and a stag in Birmingham on the 24th so either the 10th or 31st suit me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The 17th is out for me and the 31st is the Saturday of Spraoi so it'd be mad in town and I'm sure people would have their own arrangements with friends. I'm not sure about the 24th, think I'm ok for it. Going to the hurling on the morning of the 11th so could still go out but wouldn't want to be in a bad way the next day.

Balls,

Seems it's hard to suit. If it turns out that the only weekend that is grand for everyone is one that is bad for me then I have no bother with people carrying on with that.

With regards to Sproai weekend It wouldn't bother me as I wouldn't be going down town anyway so we could just stick around the quieter pubs.

But you raise a good point with having other plans.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Get twisted in Downses and by time you stumble down to Parnell St, the bus will be almost there. Just make sure you arrange someone to bring your bag down!

Ah ya one of the lads who is going lives beside downes so I could just leave my bag with him so I'd be around till half 12 or so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

Any of the suggested dates bar the 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,651 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Munster final is on the 11th July so the 10th could be a bad night for some people going to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Unfortunately I'm so popular at weekends only the 17th suits me.

However, mid-week drinking for the win!

I could go with mid-week anyday apart from a Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

Hi all, I'm completely new to the site, I regularly visited but never joined, til now. I'm a native deise, born n bred :) Is this just a casual meet up and can anyone come along?

deiselack wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm completely new to the site, I regularly visited but never joined, til now. I'm a native deise, born n bred :) Is this just a casual meet up and can anyone come along?

Hey. Yeah this is very much a casual affair. We just meet up in Downs' for a few drinks and anybody's welcome. The last two have been great nights in fairness. Bit of difficulty organising it this time around due to the summer but keep an eye on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Me and snuggles have had a couple of great boards beers the last two weeks!

Me and snuggles have had a couple of great boards beers the last two weeks!

I'm loving it! Shocker result on Monday though we didnt think we had come anywhere at all in it once you got to 2nd place!

deiselack wrote: »

Please tell me your a woman..i seem to be the only one at the minute!

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I'm loving it! Shocker result on Monday though we didnt think we had come anywhere at all in it once you got to 2nd place!

haha...it's that kind of quiz...you'll never know how anyone else is doing cause the questions are just a bit odd (especially the where in waterford ones)

haha...it's that kind of quiz...you'll never know how anyone else is doing cause the questions are just a bit odd (especially the where in waterford ones)

I'll be cramming for next week big time! Have to keep up the pressure ya know:p

We'll you're doing that anyway! Have you see the updated league table?

back OT...I'm sure I can make an appearance

• Advertisement

Lads I seriously think the next night out should be the 17th of July. It's the only weekend I can make it and I'm great craic! :D

Lads I seriously think the next night out should be the 17th of July. It's the only weekend I can make it and I'm great craic! :D

Boooo. I'm away and I'm better craic.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Boooo. I'm away and I'm better craic.

Thursday night before Spraoi then. We'll kick the weekend off in style and pull a sickie on the Friday!

Actually I am free on the 24th. Will have done a triathlon that day as well so I'll get drunk extra quickly!

I'm free the 24th too but I think a few weren't above.

I know we said Saturday's but what about friday the 23rd or 30th?0

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm free the 24th too but I think a few weren't above.

I know we said Saturday's but what about friday the 23rd or 30th?0

Yeah I don't see any reason to rule out Fridays. I'm free on the 23rd as far as I know. Free on the 24th too but some others weren't. Interesting to see if the 23rd would suit them.

EDIT: It was Odats who's in Birmingham for a stag on the 24th. Might be flying out on the Friday? It's going to be very difficult to suit everyone at this time of year. Maybe we just set it as the 23rd/24th or something and go with it. Anyone who can make it, great, anyone who can't, not so great but we'll get you next time. What does everyone think?

Ok, will I try a poll for the 23rd?

Poll added!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

I can confirm that I am of the female Persuasion lol I don't seem to have much of a social life at the minute :confused: so just looking to get out n about and meet new people :)

• Advertisement

I'll ask for the day shift and see what happens.

Advertisement