Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince "20Ten" - free album next Saturday in Daily Mirror!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love Prince! Thanks for sharing this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Album has leaked onto the internet!

It's got alot of old skool Prince nods to the 80's such as Linn Drum etc., alot of JW nonesense as well. But there is some Prince funk to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Is this available in the Irish Mirror?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

just listened to it

its dire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

DaDumTish wrote: »
    just listened to it

its dire

Superb review there.
    After a few listens, 'Lavaux' would be the best song on there for me, kinda pop funk. There's other good stuff on there too, but 'Everybody Loves Me' is pure cr*p. It's so bad I think he must have done it on purpose just to rip the píss. I find most of Prince's album's like this, one or two great songs, a few good songs, and usually at least one shíte song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Second Prince album free with a sh1t newspaper - I find it strange. He's a massively successful artist whose career may not have the shine that it once had, but still thought he'd be reaping in the cash and not having to resort to free copies as part of the promotional campaign.

Anything I heard off Musicology (his last album NOT to be free with a newspaper, as far as I remember) I really liked, especially the title track.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Lavaux is fantastic - so far the stand out track on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Dudess wrote: »
    Second Prince album free with a sh1t newspaper - I find it strange. He's a massively successful artist whose career may not have the shine that it once had, but still thought he'd be reaping in the cash and not having to resort to free copies as part of the promotional campaign.

Anything I heard off Musicology (his last album NOT to be free with a newspaper, as far as I remember) I really liked, especially the title track.

I'm sure Prince has plenty of cash. He hates record companies, and hates the internet. Why not give away his album? It's well known how prolific Prince is, so a giveaway here and there is no problem to him. Planet Earth was given away with the paper, but between that, there was MPLsound, and Lotusflow3r, and to a lesser extent Elixir - which he produced I believe. MPLsound and Lotusflow3r are both very good albums IMO.

Anyway, on 20Ten, Lavaux is definitely the best track, but I'm also enjoying 'Live Endlessly'. In fact, I think the only songs I don't like are Compassion and Everybody Loves Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Dudess wrote: »
    3121 came just after Musicology and was his best in a long time. Well worth picking up, imo.

I'm raging I forgot to buy this yesterday and today, even if there's any copies left over, I've no money. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement