Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skerries 100

• 04-07-2010 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Sad day yesterday with the fatality of a rider. Thoughts go to the riders family. May he rest in peace. He is up there now so many others from the sport. These guys live on the ultimate edge.

A few from Friday's practice. Photos from yesterday's race day are being uploaded as I post. Flickr links below for photos from the practice and yesterday's race day.

4759898997_a9754f940a_b.jpg

4760557108_35580e5b14_b.jpg

4760538400_7f4441827a_b.jpg

Photos from the practice here

Photo from yesterday's race day here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

they are nice photos, lovely and sharp. personally though, i was disappointed not to find any panning type shots on your flickr set - these dont really convey the sense of speed involved. maybe thats just me.

edit - just thinking - the roads are so narrow it probably isn't possible/easy to get those type of shots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

the out of focus cables in the background are a little distracting

but they are nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

To be honest wersel I was trying but no success. Need to get some advice from other boardsies on some settings for panning shots.

With the narrow roads and speeds I had no success.

stcstc wrote: »
    the out of focus cables in the background are a little distracting

but they are nice

Thanks stc. Agree with you on the lines. Will clone these out on a few that I print out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I think they do give a sense of speed with the gravel from the road coming up off the tyres. Third one is really good, pity about his black visor. Always good to see the eyes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

excellent sharpness, i see from the EXIF its a 40d, 300mm , what lens ?

it it the 300mm f4 prime ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nice shots. The cable lines would be very easy to clone out if you happen to have cs5? That is what content aware is great for.

I'd also like to know what lens was used, great clarity,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Also shows the 40D still a great cam for sport/action shots ...

40d with 300mm f4 prime. Have to agree it is a cracking camera for the bucks. Like to get a crack at full frame body with the lens.

Thanks for the comments guys

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    40d with 300mm f4 prime. Have to agree it is a cracking camera for the bucks. Like to get a crack at full frame body with the lens.

Thanks for the comments guys
    hey balfey i have a 300 prime 2.8l on a mk11 full frame body your more than welcome to borrow it ,can arrange to meet at the next event your going to :)

• Advertisement

hoganpoly wrote: »
    hey balfey i have a 300 prime 2.8l on a mk11 full frame body your more than welcome to borrow it ,can arrange to meet at the next event your going to :)

Thanks for the offer hoganpoly.PM & let me know what you are heading , event wise, too over the next few weeks and we can arrange to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

Balfey1972 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer hoganpoly.PM & let me know what you are heading , event wise, too over the next few weeks and we can arrange to meet.
    pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Have to say, if I was ever going canon, the 40D is where I would be looking. I don't really like their 400 - 550D series, unless I ever get the right deal used - but the 40 - 50D are beauts.

Still think I'd go D90 though ... that's another thread , sorry :P

Right lens will always have the say no matter the body anyhow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

Brilliant pics, very sharp. A great lens!

Have to say, if I was ever going canon, the 40D is where I would be looking. I don't really like their 400 - 550D series, unless I ever get the right deal used - but the 40 - 50D are beauts.

Still think I'd go D90 though ... that's another thread , sorry :P

Right lens will always have the say no matter the body anyhow ;)

Agree with you Cagey. 40d is a great piece of kit.

Advertisement