Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gamerscore Challenge

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'll start it tomorrow at 6 PM then if nobody has any objections :) (I'm unemployed, that time makes no difference to me, it's just for people getting off work and stuff :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Aye, start her up there horse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

start it up whenever. if it's 30 days then an hour here and there aint gonna make much of a difference.

Fair enough, I'll give people one last chance to join. After I make/finish my lunch, I'll start this thing up :) (Bout' half an hour)

Ah... what the hell... I didn't know that... It starts itself at midnight PST time... So about 5am tomo morning :rolleyes: Only 17 hours to go! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I signed up but my name isn't in the list of participants, GT: gregGH91

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I signed up but my name isn't in the list of participants, GT: gregGH91
    Yea.. you're not there at all... :confused: Are you sure you pressed the link in my OP after you registered? I'm pretty sure because I pressed start challenge, no one else can join, sorry man :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

thought this needs a bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm defo not going to win anyway :D

Moiph wrote: »
    I'm defo not going to win anyway :D
    :p I didn't think it would be 3k plus points already, don't think I'm going to win either unless I use stupid easy games like avatar :pac:

• Advertisement

:p I didn't think it would be 3k plus points already, don't think I'm going to win either unless I use stupid easy games like avatar :pac:

i could sell you Avatar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Tut tut for Avatar. Wasn't that banned from the last challenge? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I see someone has played lost too you dirty sneaks :rolleyes:

My lead is looking shakey with corcaigh closing fast thanks to 1000 on 3 minutes of avatar, tut tut too soon too soon, some of us may still have that particular ace to play yet :D

Ah Lost isn't too bad. It's an easy 1000 but not a 5 minute job.

calex71 wrote: »
    I see someone has played lost too you dirty sneaks :rolleyes:

My lead is looking shakey with corcaigh closing fast thanks to 1000 on 3 minutes of avatar, tut tut too soon too soon, some of us may still have that particular ace to play yet :D

i could sell you Lost as well :p

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i could sell you Lost as well :p

Would you believe I played just before I entered the challenge, curse my rotten luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I got 1000 in X-Men Origins: Wolverine about a week before the challenge as well. Gutted.

And that is that. Took me right to the wire, dor83!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

You were always going to win it because I would have felt like I cheated if I'd won it, playing Avatar should really take 1000 points off me. With a gamerscore as high as yours it can't be easy to find games to play either so you deserved it, well done.

Doesn't matter what games you play. Avatar isn't cheating. It's a valid game. Not your fault it's easy to 1k. Cheating is using game saves etc.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what games you play. Avatar isn't cheating. It's a valid game. Not your fault it's easy to 1k. Cheating is using game saves etc.

Ah very true, most of the Avatar stuff was said in jest, my fault too for not using it for a soft 1k when I had it sat there all along :D

Still wouldn't have got me much closer to the top 2 in the end. Well done all.

congrats calex71/wanosd :)

Anyone up for another challenge to finish off the summer? :P

Nah, I've defended my summer title for the year, so I'll leave it until next year! If I were to do another challenge, I'd be looking at actually finishing Ben 10 and looking at the likes of Hannah Montana and My Horse and Me 2!!!!

I'm done too, glad I held off on playing games I wanted to spend time on and just used ones I couldn't care less about for the challenge. There were a few I picked up a while ago like Metro 2033 that I purposely put aside not to use in the challenge, that I wanted to take my time with.

Best game I played for the challenge was Tomb Raider : Underworld well worth the €8 worst was sherlock holmes, Might have been better if i wasn't breezing though it with a guide in hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Lost was the only game I got specifically because of this and I actually kinda enjoyed it. I didn't waste anytime doing the poxy puzzles in it cause they annoyed me.

Other than that I pretty much played games I wanted to play rather than ploughing for points, hence barely breaking the 2K barrier. Not having much time for the gaming either made it difficult but I did enjoy taking part.

Advertisement