Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Windependence Day".

Options
  • 04-07-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

Its been ah breezy nite and a windy morning and afternoon so far. Some small branches falling off trees.
    My NOT so good weather station is measuring the wind at only 15km/h which i can only guess its wrong due to the fact the everying else is flying about the place.
    Anyone got any interesting winds speeds recorded 2day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What a windy day, I havent cycled in conditions like that since last winter!
    The amount of dust and leaves and flying things that had my eyes as a target , my eyes are still watering one shower later!
    There were quite large branches down in Sandymount village, really rare to see such damage in the summer.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Weather like this really shows up what a dirty race we are. I was down the Docklands and all around the city today, litter was everywhere. Looked really really bad.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

windependence day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Still getting the odd 30mph+ gust here but mean windspeed on the fall. 14mph currently. Garden full of litter and potted plants felled all over the gaff.

Just shows what an innocuous winter it was when your highest windspeed of the year is recorded in high summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Woke up to broken tree branches in the garden. Its been a long time since it was so windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I've spent some of the afternoon installing a second satellite dish on the roof, somehow the wind wasn't giving any problems. The looks on the faces of my neighbours = priceless...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

windependence day.

I LIKE IT! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Just back from the Phoenix park walking the dog, a good few large branches on the ground, but not as many as i expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

What a fabulous day, windy but still warm, gorgeous, walked along pathway along Boyne in Trim. So refreshing! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Maximum gust yesterday of 62 knots recorded at Belmullet. Pretty impressive for July!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I recorded several strong gusts yesterday morning of 60 mph and even had a few around 2pm but began to slacken off slowly in the afternoon.

Same promised tomorrow and wednesday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Well i goto 65mph yesterday and am still recording the odd 30mph gust once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭John mac

96.30400 kph
    Glad my poly-tunnel is still standing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What's with the wind over the last few days? Any sign of it easing up? It's really messing with my golf game! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Wind increasing rapidly here in the west once again. 17mph mean and rising rapidly. Gusting frequently over 30mph. Spots of drizzle but nothing notable rainwise.

Edit: 40mph gust now! That nice howling sound back once again...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Feels like an October evening out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

lord lucan wrote: »
    Feels like an October evening out there!

Looks like an october evening, the drizzle in the gusty wind. Its real miserable out there

Advertisement