Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger King in Whitewater

Options
  • 04-07-2010 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I sent in a comment on the cinema here, but feel a seperate thread is warranted for BK.

Totally unsatisfactory is all I can say about this dump. I think I was served by the statue of liberty here - what is it about people behind counters these days? Do they not think WE are keeping them in a job? Is milinig at a customer outlawed these days? This person seemed to have a grudge about having to serve- why be there? I placed an order, service was okay (aside from the attitude problem). Sat down, but Wife discovered the cheese was missing from Her cheeseburger. Went back to the counter to a different person. This person didn't believe me the cheese was missing, and I had to show Her. She said she would get cheese into it. I sat down, a minute later the person who I had spoken to shouted to me to come and fetch my burger - IE she didn't come out from behind the counter to give me the burger, even though I counted at least 3 people serving behind the counter.

Utterly disgusted with my experience here, and the word manners...does it exist???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

yeah the service in all places in the food court leaves an awful lot to be desired, except maybe in Sbarro, they all seem quite nice.

Cost nothing to smile but makes a difference to the customer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I haven't been in the food court since Quigleys opened downstairs. Much better food and service.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I personally only get my daughter the odd snack in the food court but have also noticed the lacking of manners or "well to do" on occasion.
    Is it really that hard to smile and have manners?
    Not intended as a racist pun but is there any Irish people working in these foodcourt outlets?
    I`m guessing O`Briens has 1 or 2 on sight?
    Some of the local petrol station cashiers would leave them to shame and thats saying alot.
    I did notice though through the Mc D`s drive through recently the people were very pleasant and yet again i was only buying a kids meal.
    I think this matters alot these days myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Strangely Ive noticed in that food court that, apart from the Italian place, the right hand side (BK, Abra) are a far less joyful bunch than those on the left hand side (O'Briens, KFC, the fancy deli place)! I agree that the staff in BK could do with a serious lesson in how to deal with customers. Not all of them mind, there are a couple of them who will smile, but most of them are pretty dour.
    Le Dieux wrote:
    Do they not think WE are keeping them in a job?

This is probably one of the most patronising statements you can make about anyone. If this is your attitude towards those who work in the retail industry, and if you approach them with this attitude in mind, Im genuinely not surprised that you get a frosty reception. As someone who worked in retail for too long, I can tell you that there are a lot of customers who think that they are better than you and have attitudes like that, and take it from me its when dealing with people like that that retail staff suddenly lose all manners and any desire to be pleasant.

Im not saying that is generally how you are, but comments like that really rub me up the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

This is probably one of the most patronising statements you can make about anyone. If this is your attitude towards those who work in the retail industry, and if you approach them with this attitude in mind, Im genuinely not surprised that you get a frosty reception. As someone who worked in retail for too long, I can tell you that there are a lot of customers who think that they are better than you and have attitudes like that, and take it from me its when dealing with people like that that retail staff suddenly lose all manners and any desire to be pleasant.

Im not saying that is generally how you are, but comments like that really rub me up the wrong way.[/QUOTE]

I went there and was served by a person who needed a lesson in manners. I won't be going back there ever, so if everyone was to adopt the same stance ( I'm not saying they should, it's just how this incident convinced me never to go back), then they would have to lay off staff ( at a minimum).

So, YES, it IS the customers who are keeping these 'statues' in a job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Burger King in the Whitewater have the worst employees ever. Unbelievably rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

djimi wrote: »
    Strangely Ive noticed in that food court that, apart from the Italian place, the right hand side (BK, Abra) are a far less joyful bunch than those on the left hand side (O'Briens, KFC, the fancy deli place)! I agree that the staff in BK could do with a serious lesson in how to deal with customers. Not all of them mind, there are a couple of them who will smile, but most of them are pretty dour.

Im not saying that is generally how you are, but comments like that really rub me up the wrong way.

Without customers your business is dead. I run my own business and the very first and most basic asset that you must have is to be kind, efficient and courteous to your customers. Even when the customer is unfriendly or rude you must never fall from that most basic asset, hard as it may be.

Remember there is a limit to how rude a customer can be. After that its fair to resort to other measures. However if a customer decides to not say please or thank you or even smile, the employee or service provider should not act like judge and jury.

Advertisement