Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New meteor phone won't send texts.

Options
  • 04-07-2010 4:44pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I got a nokia 5230 in meteor yesterday. I have my sim in it and it will make calls, receive texts, but it won't SEND texts.. It keeps saying 'message failed to send.'
    Anyone any ideas what could be wrong with it? The sim is fine- it'll still send texts on my old phone. The message centre number is correct. I deleted it and put it in again just to make sure it's okay. I have credit. There must be some setting or something I'm missing but I've no idea what. If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If its not the sim, i can only think its the message centre number. I cant think of anything else at the minute.

The only thing is to confirm that you have set the meteor message centre number as the default. Newer handsets store any message centre numbers on the phone from different sims. You should find it in the settings, of 'text messages' in the messaging folder.

+353857000000 is the number

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Posy wrote: »
    I got a nokia 5230 in meteor yesterday. I have my sim in it and it will make calls, receive texts, but it won't SEND texts.. It keeps saying 'message failed to send.'
    Anyone any ideas what could be wrong with it? The sim is fine- it'll still send texts on my old phone. The message centre number is correct. I deleted it and put it in again just to make sure it's okay. I have credit. There must be some setting or something I'm missing but I've no idea what. If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

would it be an especially old sim? old meteor sims (grey and orange on back) and new nokia phones don't get on well - it usually gives the error "message sending not allowed", which is slightly different to your received error. a simple sim swap from any meteor store will fix this if this is indeed the case

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thanks!
    It is an old grey and orange sim- I'll head into meteor tomorrow and see if they can sort me out with a new one. You don't lose your numbers etc, I assume? :confused:
    They now charge you to ring meteor customer care, cheapskates! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Posy wrote: »
    Thanks!
    It is an old grey and orange sim- I'll head into meteor tomorrow and see if they can sort me out with a new one. You don't lose your numbers etc, I assume? :confused:

yup, that's definitely the problem so. just ask the lads for a sim swap, it's pretty straight forward.

copy your contacts to the phone memory, simples

• Advertisement
Advertisement