Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.79c not the same as 79c

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Five pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cashback wrote: »
    Five pages!

Isnt it crazy? I honestly wouldnt take the time out of my day to complain about a DECIMAL POINT. honestly, in the grand scheme of things who gives a flying fcuk?! the kind of person who would walk up to a counter and demand to get something for some non-exisant .79 cents probably peers out their window at the neighbours all day and then rings Joe Duffy to complain about anything and everything, and loves the smell of their own farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

And the saga draws to a close. :) An apology from the store manager and the signs are down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

I'm beginning to think the OP was trolling. My mate is a senior manager in dunnes. PM me with the details and I'll try to get his take on the situation

I'm beginning to think the OP was trolling. My mate is a senior manager in dunnes. PM me with the details and I'll try to get his take on the situation
    I wasn't trolling. I think you have enough details to find out more information if you want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

fletch wrote: »
    Why do you ask? I got a friend to drop in today and the pricing has been removed.

Eh?

To see if you are telling the truth?

noodler wrote: »
    Eh?

To see if you are telling the truth?
    Do you not believe the photo I posted? Anyway, the sign is down now. I would hardly be bothered inventing the whole thing.

The sign came from head office (so the store manager told me) so no doubt its in a few other stores (other than the one I shop in)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Quick Fletch, get on the case, i wont sleep until these crazy decimal point errors are eradicated.

X.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Do you not believe the photo I posted? Anyway, the sign is down now. I would hardly be bothered inventing the whole thing.

Okay, I saw the photo but why on earth are you so afraid to mention which store?

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Okay, I saw the photo but why on earth are you so afraid to mention which store?
    I'd just rather not.

I wasn't trolling. I think you have enough details to find out more information if you want to.

i dont actually. there are over 150 dunnes stores in ireland.

Anyway, no problem if you dont want to tell me. was just trying to help

i dont actually. there are over 150 dunnes stores in ireland.

Anyway, no problem if you dont want to tell me. was just trying to help
    It's all sorted now but thanks for the offer. If your friend is in Head Office they should be able to find out or they could ask the Customer Service team in there.

It's all sorted now but thanks for the offer. If your friend is in Head Office they should be able to find out or they could ask the Customer Service team in there.

thats why I asked you for the store cos he hadnt heard a thing about it. Doesnt matter anyway seeing as the signs are down.

Still dont believe the pricing thing to be a consumer issue though.

But personally, if a store manager treated me like they way you say you were treated I wouldnt be rushing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Why do you ask? I got a friend to drop in today and the pricing has been removed.
    I work in Dunnes and had reason to believe it might have been my store, had it in my head narrowed down to two managers it might have been and was going to point it out to someone sayin a customer told me and they're right. I had a look today and there was nothing there, also had a look at other signs as I was goin around and didn't notice the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You should have taken out a tiny laser and soldered off 0.21 of the 1c coin...

Advertisement