Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train costs from Port to Heuston commuter

Options
  • 04-07-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Im returning to College as a mature student in UCD in sept. Is there a monthly commuter ticket you can get to travel daily from Portarlington to Heuston? If so how much? How much cheaper is it if you have a student card? Is there such a thing as a combo card which covers both rail and Dublin Bus? It looks like it wont be cheap to get from portarlington to UCD every day on a grant! Any tips?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

lilylarkin wrote: »
    Im returning to College as a mature student in UCD in sept. Is there a monthly commuter ticket you can get to travel daily from Portarlington to Heuston? If so how much? How much cheaper is it if you have a student card? Is there such a thing as a combo card which covers both rail and Dublin Bus? It looks like it wont be cheap to get from portarlington to UCD every day on a grant! Any tips?

the 'silver dawn' bus used to go through town and would drop you straight to ucd.....

http://silverdawntravel.com/Timetable.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭lilylarkin

Yes, but it leaves again at 5pm. Too early for me. Then need to get bus and train home

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hiya

you can get train and bus/luas integrated tickets. I have an annual tax saver ticket through work but 2 years ago while contracting it cost me around €240 per month for rail & bus.

However you can get student tickets but no idea on pricing there. Best bet is to check the Irish Rail site -
    http://www.irishrail.ie/your_ticket/ticket_types.asp

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

You can get monthly train tickets to heuston or the city centre, which includes the luas or bus to O'Connell Street, I'm not sure about including other bus's etc. Regarding student cards, you can certainly get student prices but you will need a student travel card, which is different from your actual student card. You can get this in your college, although you will probably have to wait until you are registered, it will cost a small bit but you should make it back and save some very quickly if you are getting monthly tickets.

Advertisement