Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacting o2, and also data usage question

Options
  • 04-07-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

thinking of moving to o2 simplicity. I have an unlocked iphone (a new one is on the way as well :)) and need free o2 calls and texts and about 100 of each any other network, so simplicity works fine. except i also need data. I noticed in the page with all the add ons, there is a 250mb add on for €7.47 i think. There are also mobile broadband add ons for using your phone as a modem.. can I get one of these add ons and use my phone as a modem, and also use my phone for surfing and it comes out of the same allowance..? the 250mb allowance isn't enough and they stupidly don't seem to have any other options.

also, is there any number I can ring too talk to them as a potential customer?? there whole website is geared to existing customers...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Contact options for O2 are here- http://www.o2online.ie/help/contact_us.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

as i said, there whole website is geared towards existing customers, especially the phone contacts. Its a bill pay query so that only leaves me with two numbers, both of which took me to the same automated voice that eventually told me it was only for existing customers etc.

Not called O2 in a while but usually an option for new customers or if you don't have an existing number. I'd imagine pressing 8# still works too and it bounce you through to someone.

i've tried it a few times and just tried it again. its only for existing customers

I just tried it there and it asked me for a 4 digit PIN. I assume because I was a previously customer. I whacked in 8# twice and it transferred me to an agent.

I'm not sure what it says when you call but hit 8# a few times and you'll get through.

• Advertisement

it tries to retrieve my account info and then tells me its a helpline for o2 bill pay customers and cuts me off

Are you on prepay at the moment? Call them 1747 from your mobile then and discuss with them.

Otherwise 1909 or their landline number from your house phone.

im on meteor bill pay. nothing is working....

I hate stupid those stupid phone systems as much as the next person ...

Can you do what I said from your landline?

nope its all the same... not sure how it expects to retrieve account info from a landline... the systems are a bit crap. I could just call into a store tomorrow, but i've got to give meteor 30 days notice so i'd like to get that started.. i suppose i could just tell them and if it doesn't work just not leave meteor... any thoughts on the data query?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can get the 250mb addon with the simplicity plan yes. To switch to the plan you can do it online, or ring this number only: 1850 812202

Customer care wont be able to get you on to this tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Davy wrote: »
    You can get the 250mb addon with the simplicity plan yes.

There is also the 1gb broadband add on for €12.50 (or €15 depending on whether you look on their website or in the print catalog in the shop).

Advertisement