Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the one game you will never part with ?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

What's the one game in your collection that you will never sell,trade or swop ?

You know that one game that you will never part with , no matter how much trading in you do ?

Mine is RSV2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

Fallout 3 for me. Game made a huge impression on me, great gameplay, great soundtrack and fantastic story. (And I have the collectors with the Bobblehead). Definitely me favourite game on PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭4g92mit

Any Gran Turismo game.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

As a rule, i dont keep games for long after beating it.However, there are a few games that i love to death and they are

a) Heavy Rain
    b) GTA 4
    c) MGS 4
    d) GOd of War 3
    e) Dead Space

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Panzer Dragoon Saga. It's the rarest and most expensive game I own and also happens to be my favourite game ever. Also I'd like to add Suikoden 2 to the list because it's also rare, expensive and far and away the best RPG on the playstation 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I keep quite a few, if i really enjoy them or think they are classics then i keep them.

Fallout 3
    Orange Box
    Dead space
    Ghost recon 1&2

To name a few

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Broken Sword 1&2, I lose games easily but I can't tell you how many times I have bought these 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Portal
    Oblivion
    Theme Park World (Still have it :D.)
    Modern Warfare 2 (Simply because of the multiplayer.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

MGS4 and The Orange Box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Portal from the Orange Box, epic and groundbreaking, cant wait for the second one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Any of the GTA's(3, VC, SA, 4)
    Any MGS game
    Fallout
    and of course Batman: Arkham Asylum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Final Fantasy VIII & X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Donabateguy

Keithm89 wrote: »
    MGS4 and The Orange Box

This and Sega mega drive Collection(if that counts):D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Red Dead
    Assassins Creed II
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets(nostalgia, picked it up for €2)

and finally my Spyro ps1 collection:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Final Fantasy VII and IX. Still have my original copies from the PS1.

Also the three GTA games from the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,995 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If we're going by most expensive, my Sonic Crackers proto cart. Only 10-15 in the world.

I'm sure I'll be forced to sell it at some point though :(

For sheer playability, Metal Slug & my cab. I could play it forever. I WILL play it forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

System Shock 2.

I wouldn't sell any of my games anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The Civilization series. Mainly Civ 2. Its been on every PC I've owned since it came out and I still go back to it everyone so often for a game or two.

If I could name more than one...

Oblivion.
    Doom.
    Pro Evo 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Sensible Soccer on the Amiga 500. :(

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mithrid

I don't really throw away any games but I wouldn't feel complete without Mass Effect 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

fallout, fallout 2, fallout tactics, fallout 3

still have the original box for fallout 2, huge yoke made of cardboard, remember them?

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Whatever the latest Civ might be.

Thief 1-3

System Shocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Nethack.

It's the only game I can play time and time again despite never even getting close to halfway through the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Kirby's Dream Land! First game I ever owned, and it's great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

Prince Of Persia Sands Of Time

GTA San Andreas

Both are absolutely awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Any of the 3 main Fallout games and Team Fortress 2, can't think of any other games at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Demons souls, 3 copeis of it, being playing it for the past year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I like how barely anyone can commit to (only) "one game". :D

For me, one game I'll never part with is Mount & Blade. I don't, particularly, like it - but it's tied to my Steam account and is, unfortunately, non-transferable. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Homeworld, System Shock 2 and Baldur's Gate 2.

I could probably play these games forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,780 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had MGS1 years ago, but finished it over 20 times (my young neighbour kept erasing his save from his memory card, but he wanted the stealth and bandana, so rather than just copying my save, id play through it about three times for him). When I got the PS2, I decided I'd finished it enough times, so I sold it.

Then in the run up to MGS4, I started to want to play through it again, but couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually my sister found it on the Internet and bought it for me for my birthday (I'd been talking to her boyfriend about it). Still holds up, and soon, I'm planning on playing through all the MGS games again

Also, after several discussions about it both here, the GTA forum, and with friends, I just had to buy GTA Vice City. Got it at the weekend. Looking forward to getting engrossed in it again. Also downloaded San Andreas on xbox live for when I finish VC, but I think Vice City is the better game anyway

Advertisement