Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the one game you will never part with ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus (plus their postcards).

Persona 4 and Beyond Good & Evil for B-tier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Ocarina of Time, i usually get an urge to play it every christmas for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Metroid Prime would be the main one for me, and the GC version of Resi 4 (despite owning the Wii version too...)

I've sadly sold all of my games from the PS1 era and before, but I'll never make that mistake again!
    The only games that I've sold recently were Ikaruga for the GC (have it for XBLA) and MGS Twin Snakes (preferred the original really). Was a handy £100:D

Sold my copy of Metroid Prime 3 because I was expecting Amazon to ship the trilogy to me, but they couldn't get any new stock... Going to have to buy that one again then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

X-COM
    Dwarf Fortress
    Thief 1-3

If it came down to one, Dwarf Fortress (with a graphical tilepack)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Kiith wrote: »
    Homeworld, System Shock 2 and Baldur's Gate 2.

I could probably play these games forever.

Think I'd have Planescape Torment over BG2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Total Annihilation - The best strategy game that ever existed. Nothing has ever compared to it. still playing it and there's multiple servers online still for multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

For me it's Company of heroes just love that game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maximilian wrote: »
    Think I'd have Planescape Torment over BG2

It's still on my 'to play' list :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thief 1 & 2

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Dead Space

Fahrenheit

Grim Fandango

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Theres a few, but if I could only kep one,

Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64,
    Never had so much fun with a game,

Assassin's Creed 2 is close though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

"Hello Kitty, Island Adventure"..........its so gory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Team Fortress 2

Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10
    Metal Gear 2
    Ace Combat

I've still kept my PS1/2 memory card with all the above game saves 100+ for each Finaly Fantasy, even though I've not touchd them in over 2 years.....just in case :)

Actually, tell a lie, about a year ago I booted up the PS1, spent a week levelling up characters in FF7 from 70-->80+ and went and raped Ruby/Emerald Weapons :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Ignoring the fact that, with a Steam account, I can't part with them anyway :) the game I figure that I'll always revisit again and again include:

* Day of Defeat Source
    * Oblivion
    * Deus Ex

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Wizardry 8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tempest 3000, cost me an arm and a leg to buy it and the host hardware, a Nuon player, can't be had anywhere either, so I'm keeping it!

At least Ico and SOTC can be bought again, probably for my PS3 in the next 6 months to be played at 60 frames a second and in HD! (Imagine SOTC like that, silky smooth and gorgeous, hypnotised by beauty..... Before a walking castle smites you with a swords the width of the M50!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Red Dead Redemption
    GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City
    GTA IV
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA Vice City
    Rugby 08

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Never" is a long time. There's always something new and exciting to play. At this moment in time I'm an Awakening Grey Warden. Tomorrow? Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Oblivion
    Mod warfare 2
    Halo 3
    Super Street fighter iv
    Mass effect
    Mirrors edge
    Gears 1+2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

"Never" is a long time. There's always something new and exciting to play. At this moment in time I'm an Awakening Grey Warden. Tomorrow? Who knows?

Dragon Age?

Seeing Modern Warfare 2 in anyone's list hurts my brain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

add GTA IV to that list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Why? Because it's one of the most complete FPS games ever? Because it defines online gaming? Please enlighten me to your reasoning behind the stupid statement.

Bonavox wrote: »
    Why? Because it's one of the most complete FPS games ever? Because it defines online gaming? Please enlighten me to your reasoning behind the stupid statement.
    because if everyone else parts with it, all you're left with is a shítty single-player campaign. :pac:

whiteman19 wrote: »
    because if everyone else parts with it, all you're left with is a shítty single-player campaign. :pac:

That's a matter of opinion. It's short, yes, but that doesn't stop it from being cinematic genius with a great story. Also, there are the amazing spec ops missions as well.

Because its not the most complete FPS ever. Not even close. Its a well scripted, over the top, action game. Half Life 1/2 are far better first person shooters, along with a few others. And it doesnt define online gaming. It might define the modern online shooter (even if Bad Company 2 is a more complete game), but to say it defines online gaming is a massive overstatement, and pretty much ignores the other classics of online gaming.

Obviously everything i'm saying is my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, i just can't understand how its as popular as it is.

Hell, Modern Warfare 1 was a better game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's a matter of opinion. It's short, yes, but that doesn't stop it from being cinematic genius with a great story. Also, there are the amazing spec ops missions as well.

Are you playing a different game to me because that doesn't sum up MW2 for me at all. Anyway in a world where Deus Ex and System Shock 2 exist MW2 shouldn't even be considered.

MW2 is just popular atm. give it a while and it'll fade away.

thought of another game along with TotalA that i wouldn't part with - Unreal Tournament, the original one. just so many mods and mutators. Bot AI is one of the best imo. the new ones don't really compare to it though UT2004 and UT3 are alright with the vehicles.

I should rephrase. It's one of the best military shooter out there. And the truth being it's not because it's popular. It's because it has the best multiplayer any game has ever seen. There's two reasons why people don't like MW2 in this thread:

• Because they're under the impression new games can't make it into these lists, and it must only be old classics. I remember a member on these forums get butchered before because he claimed Uncharted 2 was the best game of the decade. Truth being it is for some. It's downright amazing.
    • Because they don't want to go with the crowd and want to be different. MW2 is bought and played regularly by millions of people for a reason. Think about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

It's because it has the best multiplayer any game has ever seen.

Pull the other one while you're at it.

The constant hacking alone makes that statement ridiculous.

• Advertisement

TomCo wrote: »
    Pull the other one while you're at it.

The constant hacking alone makes that statement ridiculous.

The hacking is being routinely fixed, and no game is secure. Okay, fair enough, Infinity Ward take their sweet ass time fixing the problems, but due to the nature of the game, you'll always get boosters and hackers. And the nature of the game is f*cking amazing.

Advertisement