Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the one game you will never part with ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm a collector, so I don't believe in trading or selling games unless they really really suck. My one true love, though, would have to be Mortal Kombat II.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Donabateguy

deathrider wrote: »
    I'm a collector, so I don't believe in trading or selling games unless they really really suck. My one true love, though, would have to be Mortal Kombat II.

I agree with this, unless it's a purely multiplayer game that I don't have time for. I also wanted to add Battle for Middle Earth 2, despite not having a PC to play it on anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

OBLIVION :)

SIMS :P

GUITAR HERO :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bulktohulk

My golden cartridge Majora's Mask, perfect dark and conkers bad fur day. All N64 games I noticed, heh. Then probably my collector's edition of Mass Effect 2.

http://groove-it.nl/games/nintendo/n64/zelda_mm.JPG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RustyXIV

deathrider wrote: »

Seconded.

My childhood game was Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Mega-Drive, so I doubt I'd ever give that up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

FIFA 99 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd have to say
    iL2 STURMOVIK - This sim never gets old and is still being updated with new maps and aircraft free of charge.
    System Shock 2
    Aliens Vs Predator 1
    Call of Duty World at War (Nazi Zombies never gets old)
    Fallout 1 + 2
    XCOM 1 + 2
    Deus Ex
    Kick off 2
    WWF Wrestlefest on Raine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Baldur's Gate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mass Effect 2
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Uncharted 2
    MGS 2&3

All very recents games yet i love em all. Uncharted 2 simply because it's one of the most fun games i've ever played and the MP has sunk it's claws into me and it's a game i just keep going back to whenever i get bored of other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Jonah Lomu Rugby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I never trade in my old games anyway. But the one game that I could never part with and would play again and again would be Mass Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Blood

• Registered Users Posts: 33,780 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FIFA 99 :D

Good call. My favourite one. Played that for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

The Classics:
    Metal Gear Solid
    Half-Life

The Modern:
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The Orange Box

You can see that I really like MGS and HL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Arcade
    Blacktiger
    R-type
    New Zealand Story

Console
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Goldeneye 64
    Syphon filter

PC
    All the civilisation games
    Bioshock
    Half life 1+2
    Syndicate

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Syndicate was a brilliant game!!!

For me, Combat Mission and Hearts of Iron II are particular favs. And for multiplayer Battlefield 2. Yes I know it was buggy as anything and drove people to distraction but i enjoyed playing it, far more than Call of duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Syndicate was a brilliant game!!!

For me, Combat Mission and Hearts of Iron II are particular favs. And for multiplayer Battlefield 2. Yes I know it was buggy as anything and drove people to distraction but i enjoyed playing it, far more than Call of duty.
    Actually the only battlefield game I liked was Battlefield 2.Have been playing CoD online since CoD2 so it was a nice change.The 2 games are completely different gameplaywise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭hadepsx

my pro evo, im addicted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

It's hard to decide on one game, but if i had to choose it would probably be X-com Apocalypse. Iv played that game so many times since i got my first PC 12 years ago and never get tired of playing it.

Other Games i would put on the list:
    Half Life 1
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    System Shock 2
    Thief Series
    Deus Ex
    Command & Conquer

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭amjon.

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Ocarina of Time, i usually get an urge to play it every christmas for some reason!

Me too. I'd never sell my copies of Shenmue 1 and 2 or Warcraft 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I have 2, Rainbow six 3 raven shield and SWAT 4. The games that really got me into tactical shooters. SWAT 3 was good, but 4 was just a huge improvement on it. The first Ghost Recons, before it became this advanced warfighter bullshít are up there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 UALacrosse

Call of duty is my game. Especially MW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

oceanclub wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that, with a Steam account, I can't part with them anyway :) the game I figure that I'll always revisit again and again include:

* Day of Defeat Source
    * Oblivion
    * Deus Ex

P.

Such a brilliant game. Still great even by todays standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Bonavox wrote: »
    Why not? So over half a year worth of gaming isn't enough to decide if a game's worth of a place in your prestigious list? Come on, it may not have the innovation of, let's say Portal, but it's still has much more replay value than most games out there.
    I think the point he was trying to make is that in the context of this thread i.e. a game you'll never part with, listing a game which will probably be replaced by the end of the year (Black Ops) or perhaps next year (MW3) is a bit silly. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Bioshock (360)
    Starfox (Snes)
    Zelda Orcarina of Time (N64)
    Half-Life 1/2/Counter-strike (PC)
    Quake 1 and 2 (PC)
    Doom 2 (mac) - still have original box
    Wipeout (Ps1, ps3)
    Assassins Creed 2 (360)
    Resident Evil Remake (GC)
    Resident Evil 4 (GC)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

If I had to pick one it would have to be Bioshock (PC). There is just something about the athmosphere, gameplay and overall feel that I think is fantastic.

A close second would be Crysis(PC) and the only reason it is second is because it is basically crap once the aliens turned up.

After that it is a toss up between Fallout 3(PC), Portal (PC), Farcry (PC), Batman AA(PS3), Assassins Creed 2 (PS3), Half Life (PC)

funnily enough, while I think the series as a whole is fantastic, Half Life 2 wouldn't get a mention, simply because of the gravity gun. Once it is introduced the whole game descends into "what am I supposed to pick up next". For me, if the gravity gun was taken out of HL2 it would be number 1, as it is, it doesn't even make the list

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

joe123 wrote: »
    Such a brilliant game. Still great even by todays standards.

I suppose the thing with Deus Ex is, like Goldeneye, it was the herald of much innovation but visually it was never strong and it will, eventually become irrelevant, an anachronism, just as Rares opus has.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I suppose the thing with Deus Ex is, like Goldeneye, it was the herald of much innovation but visually it was never strong and it will, eventually become irrelevant, an anachronism, just as Rares opus has.

I have to disagree with you there. Played it about 4 months ago. The graphics are awful and the AI is terrible. However the amount of choice and options presented in the game, the RPG elements and how they effect the story and missions, the amazing level design and the sheer variety of ways that each mission can be beaten means that there really is no other game like it or has come out since to match it and with the industry now obsessed with copying the CoD formula I don't think we will get a game to beat it any time soon.

Goldeneye on the other hand offers the same as every other FPS and has since been completely surpassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

Final fantasy 7 the graphics suck but the story and gameplay are amazing I loved that game as a kid. Oblivion provided me with hours of entertainment and I've liked almost all the ratchet and clank games, silly, silly nonsensical fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Morrowind or ... GTA 4

Advertisement