Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NPPR - Offaly coco email/late fee

Options
  • 04-07-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

So I was on that email that Offaly Co. Council cc'd to everyone instead of bcc'ing.

I was mad about the breach of data initally but I calmed down then after thinking about the girl who did it and at the end of the day it was human error blah blah blah. I'm over it.

BUT what I am not over is the fact that they managed to send an email one day after the due date saying: You are Late, you need to pay your NPPR and a late fee of €20.

Could they not have sent that a two days before saying: You need to pay your NPPR by x date, otherwise there will be a late fee. Nope! Of course not.

What a scam.

I'm emailing them about it......

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

To be honest- they bolloxed up with the e-mail they sent to everyone. At the end of the day- its not up to them to remind you to pay it- its up to you to pay it. If you do not pay it- or pay it late- they are fully within their rights to impose a token fine. The NPPR is low enough at the moment- its the taster for a generic property tax that will be brought in sooner rather than later...... Its a bitch that you've had a fine- and ridiculous that they screwed up the e-mail, but there is no point in getting hung up over it.......

Advertisement