Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon recipes

Options
  • 04-07-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I usually just bake salmon or make fish pie with it, but i was wondering does anyone have any other recipes they use for salmon as i would like to try something new. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

If I'm baking it, I usually pour sweet chilli over the top and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.

A friend of mine bakes it and adds it to tortilla wraps with guacamole, salsa etc (she doesn't eat meat).

My favourite is to fry some onions and leeks, add creme fraiche, a bit of mustard, lemon juice salt and pepper. Add flaked salmon in and stir until salmon is cooked through. Stir it through some pasta. Its one of my fav comfort foods. I got my OH to eat salmon with this recipe after years of avoiding it!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1889/sweet-mustard-salmon-with-garlicky-veg

I love this recipe: super healthy, and really tasty too! Mangetout, sliced red peppers and baby potatoes drizzled with olive oil and minced garlic, and salmon fillets marinated in the juice of an orange, honey and wholegrain mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My fool proof salmon method.

In a bowl combine: lemon zest, whole grain mustard, chopped garlic, chopped fresh herbs, olive oil, salt and coarse black pepper.

Coat the salmon with this and put under a hot grill.
    Now this works for me but I guess there are variables (thickness of salmon, heat of grill, distance from grill etc.); I find that when the coating is just turning blackish, the salmon is perfectly done (about 7-8 mins without turning). It should be just short of fully cooked through -a little moist in the centre.

I like to serve it on a bed of red, yellow and orange peppers which have been cooked in a pan with finely sliced onion, , sugar,white wine vinegar, salt, butter and water for about 10 mins. With mash, rice or garlic potatoes and a green salad.

Haven't cooked that in ages - it was one of my earlier dishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

1:1 olive oil and balsamic vinegar, some garlic and some coriander. Marinade about 30min a side. Grill. Baste. Grill. Eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,505 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not a great fan of salmon. Mrs unkel doesn't like it and baked salmon stinks the house out and would certainly lead to an early divorce :D

That said, salmon is very healthy so I've made it into one of my "suit myself" meals. I'm loosely adapting this Kevin Dundon's kinda posh recipe for a chowder to suit my more down to the ground (and the freezer) ingredients. Works really well. I'd always stock frozen wild salmon fillets and frozen mixed seafood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

These are the two ways I usually cook salmon.

Cheesy Pesto Crusted Salmon:

Mix together a paste from breadcrumbs, grated cheddar and green pesto. Add a little olive oil if it seems dry. Smear on top of the salmon and bake in a greased dish for 20 minutes.

Lime Salmon:

Sprinkle your salmon with rock salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill for 4-6 minutes each side.

Meanwhile, mix together the zest of a whole lime and juice of half a lime with some creme fraiche. Serve the grilled salmon with a big dollop of the lime creme fraiche. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

thank you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

• Advertisement
Advertisement