Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watery stool

Options
  • 04-07-2010 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭

My 10 week old Westie has had watery stools since Friday. He's eating OK. He was at the vets yesterday, he took his temp and gave him a general check up, nothing unusual.

He said it ws most probably something he ate, this pup eats everything :D

The vet suggested switching him to a blander food, he's on Hills puppy food. Anything I can give him to help him pass out whatever he has eaten? What would be a good alternative food to put him on?

He was wormed yesterday/given his boosters.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Something bland would be if you boiled some chicken & rice for a few days. Do this until the stools get better.

Also it might be possible that Hills doesn't agree with your pup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

paultf wrote: »
    Something bland would be if you boiled some chicken & rice for a few days. Do this until the stools get better.

Also it might be possible that Hills doesn't agree with your pup.

He was eating it for a week and a half without any bother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He was eating it for a week and a half without any bother!

Oh, OK.

I have mine on Burns chicken & brown rice. They are doing well on it and their stools are good. Burns would be pretty bland food - 60% rice, 20% chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

If he was on Hills previously and had no problems, its very likely that he ate something that he shouldnt have. It should pass. Keep him on boiled chicken and rice/pasta for 3-4 days and then gradually re introduce him to hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He just did one there and it's solid :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement