Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Gear tonight!

• 04-07-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭

Just a lil reminder as I (like a lot of people) forget about it all the time! Making cars into homes...sounds interesting!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Just a lil reminder as I (like a lot of people) forget about it all the time! Making cars into homes...sounds interesting!

Any reviews or is it just more stupid myth buster stuff again this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Any reviews or is it just more stupid myth buster stuff again this week?
    It didn't say in the discription, just about them making their cars into homes. Seen pics in the paper, Clarkson uses bricks, usual pointless stuff but entertaining none the less!

EDIT: my mistake, obviously not that episode! Track day family cars, could be good!

FFS, the Reliant Robin around the track..what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Its funny.

Honestly, why they haven't scrapped these "celebrity" interviews is beyond me.
    P.C. wrote: »
    Its funny.

It was funny when they did it last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

they should have a season long taking the piss out of the RR. Its the funniest thing on TG in ages

EDIT:really **** interview :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

The star in a reasonably priced car interview was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gone way down hill - watch the autoblog by some dutch lad on Youtube for way better car show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

I reckon the German Stig was Sabine Schmitz :D

But yeah, that interview was really stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

It was funny when they did it last week.

And it was funny tonight.

And it will be funny next week.

And it will still be funny next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They reckon as the BBC don't do advert breaks that the interview with the star in a reasonably priced car is when most people watching put the kettle on to make a brew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

bazz26 wrote: »
    They reckon as the BBC don't do advert breaks that the interview with the star in a reasonably priced car is when most people watching put the kettle on to make a brew.

Yep thats exactly what I do when the SIARPC is unknown and uninteresting, just like tonight's "star".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

martydunf wrote: »
    Yep thats exactly what I do when the SIARPC is unknown and uninteresting, just like tonight's "star".
    Alastair campbell is hardly unknown in the UK :rolleyes:

Max Power1 wrote: »

Still not a suitable guest IMO. Most of the people there didn't seem to think so either.

I wouldn't mind if the guests were real petrol heads (Jay Leno, Chris Evans, Jay Kay were all interesting) but they really take the piss with some of the people they have on. I remember they had Helen Mirren on and she said that she had no interest whatsoever in cars - why is she on Top Gear then? Does she think the average Top Gear viewer wants to listen to her talk for 10 minutes that could be better spent reviewing cars or doing a challenge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Max Power1 wrote: »

Campbell is Clarkson's nemesis. they hate each other, which makes it a "car crash" interview.

This series has gone downhill. track day car bit was good, but last weeks was shockingly lazy, as was the last few of the previous show (bolivia notwithstanding.)

Hammond should go, May and Clarkson are still OK though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Campbell is Clarkson's nemesis. they hate each other, which makes it a "car crash" interview.

This series has gone downhill. track day car bit was good, but last weeks was shockingly lazy, as was the last few of the previous show (bolivia notwithstanding.)

Hammond should go, May and Clarkson are still OK though...
    [james may] thats a load of cock [/james may]

seriously though, why should hammond go? Do you honestly think the show would be better with just may and clarkson? I for one respectfully disagree - the show is about humour and the comedic interaction between the three hosts. Take away hammond and the show is a lot worse straight away. (plus, hammond is the only normal looking one, youve got one guy who dresses like a granny and a fat balding guy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There I was last sunday all ready and excited about the first episode of the new series. God was I disappointed. It was rubbish. The RR stuff was just to waste time.

The episode on Sunday just gone was much, much better. I really enjoyed the family track day car challenge. Interview was horrific. They really should scrap it. I'd say the only reason they still have it is because the company who make the RPC (i.e. Kia at the moment) might be paying them for the publicity. Otherwise I hate that segment.

Next week's one better be good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Right lads, i think it's time you take this to the TG forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement