Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walther G22

Options
  • 04-07-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

How difficult would it be to license one of these?just saw it on shoot.ie. Anyone know anybody who has one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Don't have one, but have heard enough atrocious reports about them to make me not want one. By all accounts, a godawful piece of plastic crap - or so i've heard from everyone I know who's either owned or shot one!

And to add insult to injury, it's a Restricted firearm apparently - due to "bullpup" design - so if you were to go to all the bother of licencing a restricted semi-auto .22, there's plenty of others out there which come much more highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

dont really want one just tought it be extremely hard to license!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

extremely hard to license

I wouldn't have thought extremely hard to licence - Just more difficult and more hoops to jump through than for a non-restricted licence.

its nuts to think it restricted cause where the magazine fits in!but laws the law!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

bazza888 wrote: »
    its nuts to think it restricted cause where the magazine fits in!but laws the law!

The law was intended to restrict firearms that would be easier to conceal.

• Advertisement

Ah ok i see gunhappy,im happy with my bolt action so not to worry!i read up on google they not ment be great anyway!thanks!

Ive seen/held 1 in person, for the money it felt cheap and sh*te (i dont mind paying money for a pinker but it was really crap) i was also told by the dealer who had it at the time that they were very hard to strip and assemble.... how true that was i dont know.

looks like a lump of a thing in vids on youtube also,im sure theres much better semi autos if you wanted that arnt restricted!

bazza888 wrote: »
    looks like a lump of a thing in vids on youtube also,im sure theres much better semi autos if you wanted that arnt restricted!

Ruger 10/22

Id love to build 1 .... there are any amount of accessories available for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Ruger 10/22

Id love to build 1 .... there are any amount of accessories available for it.

I had a Ruger 10/22

it was like a lego set there were so many things you could turn one into;)

• Advertisement

yeah that would be fun allright see some lovely ones on american forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Bazza,
    IMHO, I believe that you would be disappointed with the G22.

However, I have never shot one. I did shoot the P22 - James Bond's little brother gun and found the first version to not be worthy of the Walther name. Since then, the P22 has worked out its kinks and is a fine plinker. It is still picky about what ammo you feed it.

The Ruger 10/22 is the way to go if you seek a 22 auto. CZ 527 would be the rifle for bolt action.

Research the G22 to see if it is close to the P22. If it is, stay away. It is very cool and tricked out looking. However, there's a lot of dressing up that you could do to the 10/22 as well.

i will thanks was just interested to see if anybody on here had one as its so different looking and bullpup,id have no interest in getting it myself as its restricted.

Advertisement