Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended tattoo artist

• 04-07-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey,
    Im looking for bit of advice,been thinking for a long time about getting a tattoo and have decided what i want. Going with a celtic cross on upper arm,the design is pretty tricky and detailed so looking for ye're advice on a good place to go to get it done. im told it will take a really good tattoo artist.
    Im based in the west but willing to travel if it means a good job is done.

Any advice is appreciated,thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭CrossBreed

I can relate to this. Have some pretty detailed ideas for tattoos myself, but was scared to get them done in Dublin for the longest time as I didn't know any tattoo artists here or people with tattoos to advise me.

Was absolutely shocked at some of the talent in Dublin when I took the time to look. Zulu, for example, has some scary talent. Point is, check out as many tattoo places as you can based around yourself. Costs nothing to have a chat with an artist. Most of them will have portfolios online as well, so be sure to do some research. The internet is your friend.

If all else fails, you could always make the trip to Dublin. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Just got a big celtic piece done with Sean Ricketts in Custom Tattoo in Galway. Zoomorphic celtic dogs & various knot work around a celtic spiral idea i already had. Dying to post up a picture cause it came out absolutely brilliant, but its not fully finished, going back friday.

Sean is a really cool guy & i guarantee he'd do a brilliant job. Steve the aussie guy that works there to is good too so if you dont get sean i wont worry, he did a cool cross on a guy while i was getting mine done at the same time last week.

Advertisement