Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Splinter cell conviction

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Mr. K wrote: »
    I enjoyed Conviction, but it was a bit too different from previous SC games. There weren't enough pure stealth moments; Sam's perfectly capable of killing everyone.

As a 24 fan, I loved the action. The Mark and Execute system is a bit too much of a win button, but it's a seriously satisfying one!

Spot on, cudnt have said it any better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

so what is the best stealth game to buy then ? What is the xbox360 answer to MGS ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Sarge wrote: »
    so what is the best stealth game to buy then ? What is the xbox360 answer to MGS ?

Assassin's Creed II is pretty awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Great game but hardly much of a stealth game. Sure you can sneak up and knife a guy but then everyone around you is alerted so not really satisfying from a stealth point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

djkeogh wrote: »
    Great game but hardly much of a stealth game. Sure you can sneak up and knife a guy but then everyone around you is alerted so not really satisfying from a stealth point of view.

so is there any ?? Im so tempted to throw on MSG now , but will feel dirty going back to the ps3 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yes there is moments of stealthness, but there is situations where you have to engage in combat, a lot more so than the other games in the series, in the older games, you had way more chocies of sneaking or getting into combat situations, depends how patient you are i guess, i like to sneak past with as little damage as possible!

but when you do get into a gun fight the controlls are a lot easier to work with, in the older games it could be over in seconds by the time u select the weapon and device u wanted to use and it was just more flimsy, but i kinda liked it, it encouraged to be more stealthy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Finished this last night on Realistic on my 3rd sitting. Loved it!

One of the best games I've played in a long time. 9/10.

One negative was the poxy COD-style FPS level. Why make a stealth based game and then throw in some run and gun?

I had played some of the older titles on the original Xbox and despite a lot being changed for this one (most of) the changes were welcome. I loved the Execute maneuver. Got me out of a hole once or twice.

Looking forward to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

One problem i have with the splinter cell games and all tom clancy's games for that matter is that i really dont give a sh1t about the story in them or the characters.

I love the splinter cell games and this one is no exception, but the story is soo dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I hated conviction, its completely contrary to the rest of the games of the series. The other games were about sneaking, getting close and carefully taking out people, and trying `to run away like a school girl if you were caught. Conviction just felt like a dumbed down stealth shooter. The fights varied from boringly taking out 2 or 3 guys with ease, to frustrating repeat fests where you get pinned down by 5-6 guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

One problem i have with the splinter cell games and all tom clancy's games for that matter is that i really dont give a sh1t about the story in them or the characters.

I love the splinter cell games and this one is no exception, but the story is soo dull.

It not really dull, the storyline in this game tied in with double agent. Also, the part where
    Sam is talking to Grim about Lambert lying about the death of his daughter was pretty good.
    imitation wrote: »
    I hated conviction, its completely contrary to the rest of the games of the series. The other games were about sneaking, getting close and carefully taking out people, and trying `to run away like a school girl if you were caught. Conviction just felt like a dumbed down stealth shooter. The fights varied from boringly taking out 2 or 3 guys with ease, to frustrating repeat fests where you get pinned down by 5-6 guys.

You can't expect them to keep releasing SC with the same formula over and over again.

If anyone wants a decent stealth game, you should all try out the Thief games for the PC. Splinter cell took many ideas from these games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

creggy wrote: »
    You can't expect them to keep releasing SC with the same formula over and over again.

Its actually funny, but for once I would like a big game studio to release a game with the same formula again. Shoot em ups are constantly churned out with small twists in the game play and people still buy them (myself included) Good sneak em ups are rare however, and in my books all they did was take conviction from the sneak em up pile to the shooter with a twist pile.

i woulda liked a similar style of game as previous games, it was a bit different from the normal shoot em ups and thats what i kinda liekd about it, i didnt really mind the new one but not what i expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Gotta say am liking playing this game. I like run and gun but also like some stealth so this is perfect for me. Never played any of the other splinter cell games before as not a big lover to stealth games.

Got through a few levels last night, loved the fairground part. Great game for the summer before the big releases come out. Loving the execute mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

anyone up for doing some CO-OP? im finished with Single-Player but would love to complete Co-Op as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Enjoyed this game a lot, but tbh, I completely lost the story towards the end. Maybe its the fact that I've never played any of the other Splinter Cell games.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Enjoyed this game a lot, but tbh, I completely lost the story towards the end. Maybe its the fact that I've never played any of the other Splinter Cell games.

You've missed out on some quality games. You should pick them up and play them. They really are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You've missed out on some quality games. You should pick them up and play them. They really are excellent.

I'd like to at some point. I'm slowly working my way through a backlog, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, the Saboteur & Kane and Lynch 2.

I knew the Splinter Cell games were about stealth before, so every time I was spotted in Conviction, it really felt like I was just sh*t at the game. Although, I wonder how possible it is to avoid engaging some enemies.

it would be kinda weird actually playing the first few splinter cells after playing this one, the gameplay is pretty difference! i miss the sneaky ness!

Advertisement