Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong Suffolk Vintage Ale

• 04-07-2010 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else here like this fine beverage? I'm currently enjoying one now.

This mighty specimen of finely crafted ale has become a favourite of mine as of late. It's a very rich, dark, complex and quite sweet ale, and it's quite strong as the name suggests, at 6.0%.

If you like your ales, I would really give it my thumbs up.

2262901715_b37631a469.jpg?v=0
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

finely crafted ale
    Well, it's made in a big factory by one of the UK's largest industrial breweries. But I like it -- lots of toffee and smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

BeerNut wrote: »
    Well, it's made in a big factory by one of the UK's largest industrial breweries.

Really? I wasn't aware Greene King were that big a brewer.

Still, I do generally like their ales. I really like Abbot as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I wasn't aware Greene King were that big a brewer.
    They're unaffectionately known as "Greedy King" for their tendency to buy up and close down other breweries and take over their estates.
    I really like Abbot as well.
    Abbot is nice, except for the daft clear glass bottle -- it can get a bit pungent. But their IPA is rubbish and they've destroyed Old Speckled Hen over the last five years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

They're unaffectionately known as "Greedy King" for their tendency to buy up and close down other breweries and take over their estates.

Apparently they where approached by two of the breweries to be bought out as they where no longer viable business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

and they've destroyed Old Speckled Hen over the last five years.

They have? I still quite enjoy that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Anyone else here like this fine beverage? I'm currently enjoying one now.

This mighty specimen of finely crafted ale has become a favourite of mine as of late. It's a very rich, dark, complex and quite sweet ale, and it's quite strong as the name suggests, at 6.0%.

If you like your ales, I would really give it my thumbs up.

2262901715_b37631a469.jpg?v=0

Have to say I really like this ale. My local sells them too quickly and I have had to ask them to hold one for me (which they did) when they get them in.

Advertisement