Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Decanting hose??

• 04-07-2010 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

I find it hard to get air fills where I am, and as I alway's find myself with two partialy filled tanks and nowhere to fill em, I think I should look into buying a decanting Hose!!

Anyone know a site to get one at a decent price?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

mugs1 wrote: »
    I find it hard to get air fills where I am, and as I alway's find myself with two partialy filled tanks and nowhere to fill em, I think I should look into buying a decanting Hose!!

thanks,

Sorry, but what's the point of that? If you've got two partially filled tanks, all you can do with a hose is equalise the pressures in them, isn't it? Say you've got two tanks the same size, one with 50bar and the other with 150, surely all you can end up with is two tanks with 100bar? Is that of any use to anyone?

Or am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

thanks,

You'll need a booster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭mugs1

Sorry, but what's the point of that? If you've got two partially filled tanks, all you can do with a hose is equalise the pressures in them, isn't it? Say you've got two tanks the same size, one with 50bar and the other with 150, surely all you can end up with is two tanks with 100bar? Is that of any use to anyone?

Or am I missing something?

Not very helpfull, but you did come across as very clever though, which is the main thing!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭mugs1

Peace wrote: »
    You'll need a booster.

Thanks for the info Peace, much appreciated

I'll check it out,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Not very helpfull, but you did come across as very clever though, which is the main thing!!!

I wasn't trying to be clever. I was asking a question, because I'm genuinely wondering what the answer to the question is.

Also, given that your question had already been answered, I thought you didn't need more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

You want the hose for your own Nitrox mixing, topping off your partially filled cylinders with o2. I done the mixing course last year but done nothing with it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

As has been mentioned. by decanting you'll only balance the cylinder pressures. As Peace said a booster pump would get the desired effect but you need a source of drive gas (air) to run the booster pump (unless you buy electric..€€€€€€!) so that means either buying more dive cylinders to drive the booster or a low pressure air compressor to get a good fill in one of your cylinders which is A) counter productive and B) expensive.

Options only really are too buy one or two more dive cylinders and get em filled when you can or buy a diving compressor to fill your own.

Advertisement