Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel to Chile, South America

Options
  • 04-07-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone got advice for two people traveling to Chile.
    • Which Airline
    • Travel Insurance
    • Injections required
    • Etc,
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Donta2010

Hi Paul,

I am also planning a trip to Chile, leaving on the 18th of August.

I booked my flights with Iberia.

The vaccinations I got were Diptheria, Polio, Hep A, Tetanus and Typhoid. They advise you to get them about 4 weeks before you go, ten days minimum.

If you have any advice in relation to travel insurance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Lan Chile or Iberia are the main options out of Europe. Both from Madrid if memory serves me correctly...

Check out the Tropical Medical Bureau for up-to-date info: http://www.tmb.ie

Currently it says for Chile:

Your Destinations
    CHILE (country profile)

Recommended For All Travellers
    Tetanus
    Typhoid
    Hepatitis A

Trekking
    Hepatitis B

Rural
    Meningococcal Meningitis
    Rabies
    Tuberculosis

Malaria Information

CHILE: W.H.O. Report NO malaria transmission in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Jeepers I went to Chile and got no injections. Every street and bank is called O'Higgins! Its a while since I went. I went with Avienca I think they were called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Jeepers I went to Chile and got no injections. Every street and bank is called O'Higgins! Its a while since I went. I went with Avienca I think they were called.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernardo_O'Higgins

Freed Chile from the Spanish... Bernardo O'Higgins was of Irish and Basque descent. He was destined to be a soldier with that heritage :D

Advertisement