Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whick prepay plan for me?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with o2 on PAYG getting unlmited texts to any network for €20 per month plan.

am getting an iphone on a sim free model and would like to know which network would be the best suited to my needs.

1. Have to have unlimited texts to any network
    2. Some sort of data add on allowance (250mb or greater/prefer 1GB)
    3. A 30 day contract(NOT bill pay)

Whats in your opinion would be my best bet?

I'm really not too well informed on the different plans as I've been with o2 and only o2 for like 12 years!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Currently I'm on Vodafone prepay. For €20 / month in topups I have unlimited any network SMS. When I sign up for Vodafone 360 I get 100MB of data per day for 39c / day (works out about €12 / month for 100MB /day). This leaves me with about €8 for calls or whatever.

I find this the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lmao_Man

I'm with o2 (same plan as you) and want to move to 3 but I can't as I have a good bit of credit.

You get :

Free texts to any network.
    Free weekend calls to any network.

For €20

And...the choice to buy data ! (take the hint o2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

I'd definately vote for the 3 plan too. Very good value http://www.three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Lmao_Man wrote: »

I'm with o2 (same plan as you) and want to move to 3 but I can't as I have a good bit of credit.

You get :

Free texts to any network.
    Free weekend calls to any network.

For €20

And...the choice to buy data ! (take the hint o2)

This sounds very decent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 probably has the best plan at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

3's €20 top-up promotion ends 03/11/10

Ok guys.....if there was a good enough bill pay plan i'd go for it. BUT it would have to have unlimited any network texts and at least 1GB of data usage. Are there any plans that would meet this criteria? I've never had a bill pay before but the iphone needs a data plan to make full use.

The texts messeging is a big must though for my group texts.

i believe the only billpay plan which fits your criteria is the 60 euro pm o2 ones or above which will give you the free any network texts addon.

i stand to be corrected though, 3 might do something but i don't follow them much.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Janey Random are you trying to walk him straight into Nama with an 02 plan : )

Bob 15 with 1gb add on, 25pm, 1gb data and unlimited texts and some free minutes to any network and 3 for 25pm capped.

i did say 3 may be an option but i don't follow what 3 are up to much. me and 3 don't agree on a number of issues.

• Advertisement

Janey Random are you trying to walk him straight into Nama with an 02 plan : )

Bob 15 with 1gb add on, 25pm, 1gb data and unlimited texts and some free minutes to any network and 3 for 25pm capped.

So thats unlimited anynetwork texts, 1GB data and some free minutes to any network for €25 per month.....but not a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So thats unlimited anynetwork texts, 1GB data and some free minutes to any network for €25 per month.....but not a contract?

It's a 30 day contract but your bill is capped. It won't be any more than 25 euro, if you need more minutes you top up like your on pay as you go. For 24.99 you get 1gb of data, 60 minutes to any landline or mobile, 3000 texts to any network, 3000 minutes to anyone on 3, 333 webtexts and free Skype and msn messenger if you've a compatiable phone.

Advertisement