Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US non-citizen, gun purchase, the final word...

Options
  • 04-07-2010 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

I'm posting this coz I asked for advice on this before here and a few people showed an interest: buying a gun as a non-immigrant alien in the US.

After trying, and being turned down by the background check people a while back, I had given up, but after a recent discussion with some fellow state-side boards users I decided, what the hell I'll give it another try.(Cheers fellas!) So I went down to my local Scheels yesterday and picked out a Browning Buck Mark .22LR, filled out the paperwork, and naturally got a "delayed" response.

...but today I got a call from them: "you got a 'proceed''. Woo hooooo! I went down there instantly and had my first handgun within 20 minutes.

So if you're a resident of a US state on a non-immigrant visa (i.e. a business or work visa), don't be discouraged; get all your paperwork in order and keep trying! (contact me if you want to know what requirements you need to meet etc.)

Now I'm off to celebrate America's birthday at the pistol range (yes the free, public pistol range hehe...!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Knew it could be done....:D:D:DHappy 4th from one of the Land of the Free's exiles in Ireland.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement