Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orwell Sportive 2010 August 15th

Options
  • 04-07-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Many thanks for all your replies on an earlier thread I posted in relation to this event.

The online registration is now open at :

http://orwellwheelers.org/news-and-events/187-orwell-wheelers-randonee-2010.html

We'd appreciate it if you can register early as it will determine what funds we have and what we can spend this money on.

If you have any questions, feel free to either post them up here or use the email address provided on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Any chance of a link to the mapmyride map?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Ghosty669

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

The profile on that route looks great! One for the calendar.

Thanks Diarmuid. We've front loaded the course with plenty of hills so by the time you get to the feedstop, you'll be over the worst of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

So does Orweel membership get me a discount? I do wonder what exactly what I paid out for earlier this year. E120 for a couple of TT's!!

edit; I do realise I paid out for club league so thats excepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭C3PO

velo.2010 wrote: »
    So does Orweel membership get me a discount? I do wonder what exactly what I paid out for earlier this year. E120 for a couple of TT's!!

€120 for club membership ...... surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I do wonder what exactly what I paid out for earlier this year. E120 for a couple of TT's!!
    you probably paid out for the 13 organised races already and the 8 more to come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Think this will be my first sportive. It's on a rare free sunday for me and the distance is probably just about right. I have done the tough bits of the course before so I know what to expect. Hope I don't get in anyone's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

yup gonna do this and sign up soon as i get paid again at the end of the month, wondering why you's chose the roundwood/djouce part twice but really does look great

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nosedive

€10 for 1 day Cycling Ireland cycle licence??

Never heard of this - can someone please shed some light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭C3PO

A "One Day Licence" is exactly what it says! If it is a requirement to enter a particular event that you are a CI licence holder and you don't want to pay the annual sub you can pay €10 and get a licence for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I have a non-competition cycling ireland license, I believe that it covers this. It costs 20quid and you can use it any event like that (again I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Ghosty669 wrote: »

Jeeze going by the picture you have on this webpage it looks like it could be one serious bike ride with the likes of Rabobank, Astana, Highroad, etc. I hope I can keep up!

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Jeeze going by the picture you have on this webpage it looks like it could be one serious bike ride with the likes of Rabobank, Astana, Highroad, etc. I hope I can keep up!

We're trying to cater for those parttimers as well as you pro lads!

No discount for Orwell (or Orweel) members but we'll try to get an extra sandwich organised at the feedstop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

I hate to let the club down but it's the same weekend as the Surf & Turf 300.

re 1 day licence;

I still don't understand - what's it for? Where does the money go? There's already an entry/registration fee so what's the licence all about?

I presume Cycling Ireland is a sporting body looking after cycling in Ireland but what does it do? Why do you need to pay money in top f a registration fee to ride your bike in an event?

just wondering is all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

nosedive wrote: »
    re 1 day licence;

I still don't understand - what's it for? Where does the money go? There's already an entry/registration fee so what's the licence all about?

I presume Cycling Ireland is a sporting body looking after cycling in Ireland but what does it do? Why do you need to pay money in top f a registration fee to ride your bike in an event?

just wondering is all.....

Insurance.

.....might have guessed:mad:

Hi all, we've setup a Facebook page to allow people to follow updates on this event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,051 ✭✭✭✭neris

was thinking of trying this out as my 1st event but am away for two weeks next week and dont think my fitness will be up to it this year. Pleanty of time to practice for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

With an entire winter of training spins, summer touring spins, a whole season of club league racing, support with other ventures into racing, a racing licence, not to mention talks on stuff like training and racing techniques and nights out I'd say membership of Orwell is a great bang for your buck.

It costs over €400 to join a hockey club for a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I wonder what proportion of all known cycle-related topics have been covered on f=410? I mean, will we one day finally run out of orginal things to talk about (e.g. like the way Cycling Plus has)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

el tel wrote: »
    I wonder what proportion of all known cycle-related topics have been covered on f=410? I mean, will we one day finally run out of orginal things to talk about (e.g. like the way Cycling Plus has)?

There are always fridays!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    There are always fridays!

:D Just noticed I posted this in the Orwell Sportive thead and not the Broomwagon :o

But on the subject of the sportive, I think I will give it a go. Haven't cycled in that part of the country in years!

Following the weekends bad weather, a few of the gang cycled the first half to the sportive today and the word back was : 'it's going to be tougher than Mount Leinster'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭buffalo

Is there a closing date for signing up to this? I want to do it, but I'm not sure if that weekend will work out for me.

The closing date online is the 14th of August or you can enter on the day for an extra 5 euro.

We're trying to get as many people to register online so we have an idea of numbers to cater for so hence the discount.

Hey folks, just a reminder that this is coming up on Sunday so get your entries in now and save yourself 5 euro on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Ghosty,

I'm registered for this but will be driving there. I know St. Olaf's but haven't been there for a while. Any idea re parking? Also does anyone know is the industrial estate itself Pay & Display on saturdays? I know there is a Luas car park where Atlantic was but I'm cheap:D

Advertisement