Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges in Clare - how much?

• 04-07-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

can anyone recommend the cheaper provider of waste collection
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

CleanIrl are about 160 iirc for 6 months, both wet waste and recycle bin provided, collect glass also, doesn't get much better then that,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsnib

just signed up with clean ireland about a month ago and it was €143 for 6 months and was told could part pay it too which was handy just after moving into a new place and all the costs and got like 4 bins wet, dry compost and a glass thing, thought it would be confusing but got a calander so going well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sbros002

Definately worth calling Mr Binman - they'll do 6 months for EUR150 and you get 13 collections in the 26 weeks for that. Collections on a day that suits you not their collection calender - some weeks you'd have more than others. Clear opti bags also included in that for the recyclable stuff (excluding glass). I couldn't be bothered having a wet bin, a dry bin, a food bin, a glass bin to try to co-ordinate (not to mind the space you'd need!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭NCG

sbros002 wrote: »
    Definately worth calling Mr Binman - they'll do 6 months for EUR150 and you get 13 collections in the 26 weeks for that. Collections on a day that suits you not their collection calender - some weeks you'd have more than others. Clear opti bags also included in that for the recyclable stuff (excluding glass). I couldn't be bothered having a wet bin, a dry bin, a food bin, a glass bin to try to co-ordinate (not to mind the space you'd need!)

E145 actually! Renewed last week & happy with their service. Have been with Clean Ireland before too and happy with their service also - it just came down to a choice of collection day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

BinMaster in Tuamgraney are doing a special offer of 9 months for €199. I think they cover all of Clare. They definately cover East Clare and Ennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I assume this maybe a temporary glitch that doesn't affect their service?

http://www.binmaster.ie/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Widescreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

Who is the best price nowadays. Got a bill for 163 for the previous 6 months with clean ireland.. Only 3 of us in the house. Don't know where this price came out of we don't throw much out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

sbros002 wrote: »

I got the same service in August for E135

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrsnib

Who is the best price nowadays. Got a bill for 163 for the previous 6 months with clean ireland.. Only 3 of us in the house. Don't know where this price came out of we don't throw much out.

I am with Clean Ireland and with 4 in the house our bill was €135 for the six months, When I called about my last bill I was given the bigger blue top bin free and I paid for a second brown bin (only €10), This time I had 72kg in my dirty bin and over 140kg in my brown bins, I really dont like binman and feel he was always very expensive when I was with him and when he was always missing my bins would just fob me off, Maybe call Clean ireland and see if they can do anything for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 neverfinished

170 euro for 9 months with binmaster a few weeks ago anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lahinch_lass

check the weights on your collections by Clean Irl.. apparently their system won't automatically enter 0 if you haven't left your bin out for a particular collection, they ONLY average based on actual bin lifts. so if for 10 out the 13 you didn't put out your bin they average based on the 3 times you did put out the bin. and you are billed according to that average. And they have to have a minimum of 3 lifts in the 6months for their system to cope at all.

apparently their SW programmer is an idiot as they also can't cope with the concept of moving your service subscription out by a month or two.

My service ended in early sept, I didn't particularly need any collections done IN september yet I'll be expected to pay for service IN september if I want to stay with clean irl even though I didn't get any bin collections in that month. :confused:

BTW their lowest rate is based on an average weight of 0 to 2.5Kg and their machine doesn't register any weight lower than 0.5kg. believe me I've had bins out with less than that as I live alone and recycle greater than 90% of my waste.
    Total for 6 months is €123.9 + VAT on the lowest weight scale and they don't say what the VAT rate is which applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Retiro

I had been with Clean Ire for a few years while living in Limerick city, but recently moved back to clare. I initially stayed with Clean Ire, but had to switch when they told me that the lorry wasn't able to get up our road because of growth on the ditches. This was in November last year...unusual for growth at this time of the year i thought, but not to find a lazy-ass driver! I won't ever use them again after this.
    Anyway, switched over to Mr. Binman and find them much more organised and slightly cheaper as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Feel the same they would miss us for any reason and when I phoned to complain once having had a few months of particularly poor service the manager told me it was not a particularly pleasant job and more or less that I should consider myself lucky that they come at all! That said they no longer cover all parts of Clare and will direct you to a company in Gort (can't remember their name) who have competitive prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭heathercat

*picking up this thread again...*

Was just checking the net to see the current prices as I need to save a bit :D

I'm a 1-Person-Household in Ennis and definitely do not need a bin collection every 2 weeks. I did the prepaid green bags from Mr. Binman for about 3 months now (2 bags for household waste plus 1 free clear bag for recycling stuff = 15,00 €). This would be the perfect solution, as by volume one green bag would suffice me for a month. Unfortunately the bags are not very strong, so what with the occasional binning of used cat litter, I can only fill them up half way, otherwise they rip and tear.

Current offers for bin (not bag) service are:

Mr. Binman = 135,00 € for six months (or 22,50 € per month)
    Clean Ireland = 21st Birthday celebration rate of 122.82 or 20.50 per month
    Binmaster = 140,00 € for six months (or 50,00 € advance and 18,00 € x 5)

At first glance Binmaster seems the dearest.

Both Mr. Binman and Clean Ireland give a small "weight credit" for the following six months (not sure where to look up the exact credit amount per kilogram or whatever), if one has very little household waste. My last bill showed 17,62 € of that credit.

Binmaster, however, has a clear line on that: For each collection day you do NOT leave your household bin out to be emptied, you get a credit of 4,50 €.

Math example for Binmaster:

140,00 for 6 months minus six times 4,50 if I only have the bin emptied every other collection = 113,00.

Further savings possible if one or two further collections skipped because bin isn't full.

I think I go for Binmaster :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

heathercat wrote: »
    *picking up this thread again...*

Was just checking the net to see the current prices as I need to save a bit :D

I'm a 1-Person-Household in Ennis and definitely do not need a bin collection every 2 weeks. I did the prepaid green bags from Mr. Binman for about 3 months now (2 bags for household waste plus 1 free clear bag for recycling stuff = 15,00 €). This would be the perfect solution, as by volume one green bag would suffice me for a month. Unfortunately the bags are not very strong, so what with the occasional binning of used cat litter, I can only fill them up half way, otherwise they rip and tear.

Current offers for bin (not bag) service are:

Mr. Binman = 135,00 € for six months (or 22,50 € per month)
    Clean Ireland = 21st Birthday celebration rate of 122.82 or 20.50 per month
    Binmaster = 140,00 € for six months (or 50,00 € advance and 18,00 € x 5)

At first glance Binmaster seems the dearest.

Both Mr. Binman and Clean Ireland give a small "weight credit" for the following six months (not sure where to look up the exact credit amount per kilogram or whatever), if one has very little household waste. My last bill showed 17,62 € of that credit.

Binmaster, however, has a clear line on that: For each collection day you do NOT leave your household bin out to be emptied, you get a credit of 4,50 €.

Math example for Binmaster:

140,00 for 6 months minus six times 4,50 if I only have the bin emptied every other collection = 113,00.

Further savings possible if one or two further collections skipped because bin isn't full.

I think I go for Binmaster :D
    and Binmaster don't weigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shamrockkiller

I just changed my bin from mr binmaster I found there office very hard to deal with and they even missed collections due to what seems to be an office ran by people that have NO clue. Even when i rang to discontinue there services i was told it could be up to a MONTH before they can come take there old bins away so i am supposed to have ther bin out my back for a month just sitting there during the summer :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

I just changed my bin from mr binmaster I found there office very hard to deal with and they even missed collections due to what seems to be an office ran by people that have NO clue. Even when i rang to discontinue there services i was told it could be up to a MONTH before they can come take there old bins away so i am supposed to have ther bin out my back for a month just sitting there during the summer :mad:

theres a mr binman and binmaster !you have tared both with one brush:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shamrockkiller

Was not one taken over by the other so they should be tared with the same brush .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Resurrecting a zombie thread to complain about a company adhering to their only policies = lock.

For what it's worth a month is just 1 extra collection, leave the bins out to be collected in the next collection and they should be emptied, no problem then.

Advertisement