Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

200euro laptop on ebay

• 04-07-2010 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Well,I just need some advice on a laptop I have bought from Ebay.It's a 2nd hand Dell D600.I went for this laptop as it has good processer and ram for the price.It will only be used for youtube etc.The problem is,I had it in a friend's and when I went home it would not power up.This happens even if it is plugged into the mains charger.I googled the problem on a different computer and it seems its a common problem with these models.The solution was to hold the f7 and f8 buttons when pressing the power button(which confirms that it's a ram problem due to loose connection)I've been speaking to the seller and he's sound about it and offered to replace it,or keep the laptop seeing as though I have a solution with the f buttons,He has offered to supply me with more ram as a fair gesture.Theres a months warrantee.Anyone any opinions to offer on what I should do?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

any signs of life at all, any lights on ?

try without the battery

was it well packaged with at least 2" around it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,399 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Might be best to replace it, reading a few posts about it, its the type of problem that could get worse, plus it must be annoying. Trouble is the postage cost to return it. But still in the long term might be best to get the replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭0neo8

Yes the laptop is actually workin perfect now but if I close the lid and carry it downstairs ill bet it will require me to use the f7 and f8 buttons to turn on the power.Somebody suggested placing some cardboard under the lid for the ram area so that the ram chip does not move during transport.Tough decision to make,Its seems to be a good laptop alright.I'll have to let him know soon.Has anybody seen laptops for 200euro onsale somewhere.like pc world etc.
    any signs of life at all, any lights on ?

try without the battery

was it well packaged with at least 2" around it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭0neo8

Replacing is a fair point.The replacement he sends me then may have the same problem if its as common an issue as I think it is with this model.All I can afford is the 200euro and its a nifty little laptop.Much impressed bar the f in loose ram.I'll open up the ram area tomorrow and see will the cardboard wedged in do anything for it.
    Might be best to replace it, reading a few posts about it, its the type of problem that could get worse, plus it must be annoying. Trouble is the postage cost to return it. But still in the long term might be best to get the replacement

Advertisement