Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a moderator

Options
  • 04-07-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering is it possible to buy a moderator for a centre-fire rifle online? i remember somebody telling me before that firearms dealers dont have to check your license to make sure you have been granted as there is no actual license and serial code for the moderators so therefore would it be possible to buy one cheaper online or a 2nd hand one from england and get it posted over

and before anyone says anything yes i have been granted permission for the use of one, i just want to be a cheap ba**ard and try save some money

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Give me a score and i'm anyones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

ormondprop wrote: »
    i was just wondering is it possible to buy a moderator for a centre-fire rifle online? i remember somebody telling me before that firearms dealers dont have to check your license to make sure you have been granted as there is no actual license and serial code for the moderators so therefore would it be possible to buy one cheaper online or a 2nd hand one from england and get it posted over

and before anyone says anything yes i have been granted permission for the use of one, i just want to be a cheap ba**ard and try save some money

I know of a guy who has a few Reflex mods that he wants rid of as they are taking up shelf space.

In regards to importing, I do not THINK there is no issue, as the issue is you need an Authorisation to use, which you have stated you have.

Tackleberrywho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I went that route and had the mod bought from the UK all was good until they said they had to get an exprot license to send it over to me and then only send to a dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

clivej wrote: »
    I went that route and had the mod bought from the UK all was good until they said they had to get an exprot license to send it over to me and then only send to a dealer.

I'm getting a Reflex on my Remington VTR, I could use my ASE but I said I would keep the shiny ASE on my VSSFII and the Duller black Reflex on my Duracoated VTR.

I'll have more trouble getting the licence changed, the benefit of hind sight :D

Advertisement