Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value Waste collection in Cork ?

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Anyone know the best value at the moment for refuse collection in the city .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

Am with Greenstar myself. Very happy with the service and the price. About 270 Euro for the year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭masadjie

I use Greenstar too. Pay around 265/year. They will provide us with three bins for glass, refuse, and recycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

o donoghue waste charge a tenner a wheelie bin and only collect it when uwant them to....so if ya dont have much waste its ideal.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

Anyone know the best value at the moment for refuse collection in the city .

Thanks
    This is what I do:

Leftover cooked food and some raw foods, I feed to the birds. They will eat anything especially the crows! I leave all food waste out for the birds and the little dinasours will eat everything you throw at them!

Glass can be taken to the free banks, I just clean it, smash it (so it is less volume) and put it onto a container which I just tip into recycling bins provided for free by the council.

Vegatable waste goes into a compost bin which is spread over the garden every so often.

The only thing I am stuck on is the paper and plastic which makes up a huge amount of my rubbish due to the usual packaging from shops. If anyone has a solution to this I would be totally sorted.

A company that just collected paper and plastic would be ideal. I find greenstar painful as it requires 3 bins which is just a big inconvenience and responsibility.

• Advertisement

Had a look at Greenstar site and it seems good value. Does anyone know if yiou still get tax relief for refuge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Tax relief still there for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

murphym7 wrote: »
    Tax relief still there for now anyway.
    Phew! that is a relief.

Just for anyone else in the same position I went with a company called Wiser. Good packages available. I went with the tag system of €8 for a 240 litre bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Red05

Does anyone know if Greenstar are taking on customers with them in receivership?

• Advertisement

Red05 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Greenstar are taking on customers with them in receivership?

Yip , we are changing to them for February.Business as normal as far as I know.

Advertisement