Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out my House

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I am thinking of renting my house which we own for 6 years. Moving location so gonna rent in new location for time being.
    What do I need to do exactly to do it legit. Or if there are other threads can u link.
    New to this so have so far:
    1. Register with PRTB
    2. Pay NPRR
    3. Pay Revenue on income (is this done at end of calendar year or when??)

What about TRS - will I loose this?
    Also social welfare recipients - is rent allowance now paid straight to landlord?

any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Rent allowance is usually paid to the tenant by check, try and get working tenants first as its your first time renting.See www.revenue.ie search for
    tax landlord etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

You'll have to inform your lender also as you'll lose the TRS.

Everything you're wondering about you'll find on this site which I found a great help:
    http://www.irishlandlord.com/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭troops

MsFifers wrote: »
    You'll have to inform your lender also as you'll lose the TRS.

Everything you're wondering about you'll find on this site which I found a great help:
    http://www.irishlandlord.com/index.aspx

thanks for that site...looks to be a lot of info on it I will need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

You,ll need house insurance with public liability in it,extra 300euro a year approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Take out landlord liability, it has to be specifically on your policy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement