Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Hess Tattoo-Advice

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

hi im planning to get a tattoo of a potrait by derek hess and i was wondering because his paintings use plenty of lines is it possible to get the same effect in the tattoo? the lines are really close together and i dont want it to look like a solid block. the tattooist that is doing it for me does not want to put in the lines but instead wants to use shading. i dont think it will have the same effect. what do you guys think?
    this is the what im thinking of getting
    2238248455_d0232a1a6c_o.jpg
    if it looses the lines it looses the effect in my oipinion.
    thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

This was done on LA ink. hannah done it i believe. and she used lines!
    Engleman.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

that looks amazing :eek: iv never seen it done that well before. kinda sounds like its down to the quality of the tattooist then. dont think i can afford a trip to america for that quality:( does anybody know anywhere in leinster (preferably wexford or dublin) that can give me an end piece like that?

thanks for that picture aswell. really helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Maybe give JMD's in waterford a buzz?

i will thanks. i have looked at their gallery on-line and its great. now all i need to do is decide for sure where to put it and convince my parents to give me their blessing :rolleyes: oh the joys:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...convince my parents to give me their blessing...

Obvious question following on from that, but what age are you?
    If you are under 18, you won't be able to get tattooed. (And shouldn't get tattooed!) If you're older, but just want their approval, then fair enough :D

• Advertisement

ah im 20 :D this is my second tattoo (one on my foot/shin) id just like to get their approval on it. they dont really understand the whole tattoo thing at all. that wont stop me getting it but id rather they were ok with it if that makes any sense:o totally agree that anyone under 18 should not get a tattoo.

Advertisement