Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help planning a romantic trip to Paris!

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Need help cos Im totally lost here.

I'm hoping to bring my girlfriend to Paris for a romantic getaway for a few days. She's always wanted to visit Paris so I want to make sure I do it properly.
    Problem is I don't hav any idea of cost, where I should stay, where I should book a hotel, Should I do it through a travel agents, how much does it cost round trip etc....in general I need advice on What to do, How to book it, where i should go and how I can do it well!!

Thanks for all your help

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

When do you plan on going?

How much money do you have for hotels and food? How long do you think you'll be over for?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭readytorock

Ponster wrote: »
    When do you plan on going?

How much money do you have for hotels and food? How long do you think you'll be over for?

Well I'm a student but I figured to myself that €800 -€1000 will get me far but again i dont know?? Hopefully for 3 days maybe but whats the norm?? Ideally lookin for a 3 star in paris close to eiffel tower etc and cafes!! Im jus lost cos i dont know costs on sacre cur, lourve etc!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Well I'm a student but I figured to myself that €800 -€1000 will get me far but again i dont know?? Hopefully for 3 days maybe but whats the norm?? Ideally lookin for a 3 star in paris close to eiffel tower etc and cafes!! Im jus lost cos i dont know costs on sacre cur, lourve etc!!!

Well to be fair you're gonna have to do some of the work yourself. It only takes seconds to look up these things on the 'net.

Have you checked a map of Paris? Close to the Eiffel tower means far away from everything else. But you'll probably end up walking a lot anyhow.

Your hotel will probably set you back €150 per day for a decent hotel.

There are a lot of threads in here with a lot of answers to your type of questions (what to do? what hotel?) but the key to your first time in Paris is not to over-plan and try to "do" too many things.
    Make sure you have more time sitting in cafe's people-watching than walking around museums.

Advertisement