Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Waterville.

Options
  • 04-07-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Heading down to beautiful aul Waterville from Saturday to Wednesday next week :) Friend of mine has a house down there, just outside the main part of the town (in behind the craftshop place).

Basically we're a group of 20/21 year old ladies and while I'm sure we'll be able to make our own fun, it'd be nice if there were some good things going on while we're there.

We were there last year and found it a little dead during the week (but that may have been the time of year!) so any recommendations of bars or pubs that are lively or in any way young or have bands playing or quiz nights or the likes would be greatly appreciated, as well as some cheapish day time activities if there are any going on!

Thanks in advance :)

Michelle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RoryFla

Hello,

I spend a lot of time in Ballinskelligs which is across the bay from Waterville.

The night life can be quite during the week at times and is a bit slow but the scenary makes up for it. If there is a few people going you will make your own fun in the local spots. The pubs in Caherciveen will have good crowds at the weekends and even during the week depending on the amount of people on holidays, try Tha Healys and Craineens and the Harp night club which is an experience in its self.

Take a trip to Ballinskelligs and have a look at the beach, the nice bear garden out the back of Cable O' Learys pub and craft shop in Dungeagan village. Finians Bay is lovely which is up over the Glen and then over the mountain to Portmagee and Valentia Island. The bridge bar is a nice spot in Portmagee for food and drinks. You could also take a trip to the Skelligs which is amazing with good weather.

On the east side of Waterville you could go to Kenmare and Sneem which are lovely towns for a walk with craft shops etc.

Anything else let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

sneem and caherciveen have normal prices, but waterville is a bit of a joke, you can buy fish and chips in waterville for 15 euro or irish stew for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

It's ok, I'm vegetarian. Cheers for the input though

We'll be cooking our own food, not eating out. Just looking for some cool places to drink that have a young enough crowd :) And recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Going to be in Waterville on Sunday evening, Where is the best place to get a bite to eat and watch the World Cup Final. 2 Adults and 2 football mad tweens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Going to be in Waterville on Sunday evening, Where is the best place to get a bite to eat and watch the World Cup Final. 2 Adults and 2 football mad tweens.
    The Lobster bar is ideal for food and the watching the game, get there early I'd say it'll be mad busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Thanks. Looking forward to getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

RoryFla wrote: »
    Hello,

I spend a lot of time in Ballinskelligs which is across the bay from Waterville.

The night life can be quite during the week at times and is a bit slow but the scenary makes up for it. If there is a few people going you will make your own fun in the local spots. The pubs in Caherciveen will have good crowds at the weekends and even during the week depending on the amount of people on holidays, try Tha Healys and Craineens and the Harp night club which is an experience in its self.

Is Tim the Harp still around. The place must be getting younger and younger and younger:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RoryFla

Yes Tim is still around in the Harp and plenty of youngsters in the place.

Sure there isnt much else in the town so I suppose the young and the older crowd all end up in the one place. Ah I had some great nights in there. Think ill heave to go down for the August bank holiday

Advertisement