Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice bus no. or taxi

Options
  • 05-07-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hello,

I need to get from O' Connell street Dublin to The Sports Clinic, Northwood, Santry, Dublin. Is there a bus that goes directly there or if I take a taxi what will be the cost. I have looked it up on a map, the Clinic looks a good distance out. Help and advice greatly appreciated as I am not familiar with the area or all those numbers on the buses and I will need to get back to the city again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Bus Routes

41, 41 a,b,c
    16a, 16b
    33, 33b

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

41a, 41b, 41c, 16a 33, 33b. No more than 45 mins on the bus I'd say out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Improbable wrote: »
    Bus Routes

41, 41 a,b,c
    16a, 16b
    33, 33b

No such bus as the 16b!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

hmm, sorry. I just took that directly from their website. It must be old information. I'd take the bus and when you get there, ask the driver where you can get the same bus heading back to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Also 33b doesn't go by there either!! Swords - Portrane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

think there is actually. theres a few odd numbers that only run once or twice a day. I might have got on a 16b in nutgrove one night

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would get a taxi out and a bus back.

Taxi around 15 -16 euro I would estimate.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

All the buses will leave you outside of Crowne Plaza, there are no bus stops inside. So after getting off the bus you will have a short distance to travel after that.
    Depending on the nature of your visit, if you are injured you may not fancy the walk/hobble to the clinic.

Edit: The 16B does indeed exist but is rarely seen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The 4 or the 4a would leave you outside gulliver retail park and its a five or ten minute walk to the clinic from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yeah 4 or 4a probably best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all the replys but I am still confused. Some of you say 14a, 14b while others say 4a,4b.

Which one do I take and how often do they leave O' Connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all the replys but I am still confused. Some of you say 14a, 14b while others say 4a,4b.

Which one do I take and how often do they leave O' Connell street

No-one said the 14a - don't take that!

The 4, 4a, 16a and 746 all leave from O'Connell St, near the old Carlton cinema. The first two leave you at the Ballymun road entrance (53.402893,-6.265436) to Northwood. The last two leave you at the Swords road entrance (53.404441,-6.240073), beside the Crown Plaza Hotel.

The 33, 41, 41, 41b and 41c all leave from the Irish Life Mall on Lower Abbey St (53.349112,-6.255244) and drop you at the Swords road entrance, like the 16a and 746.

All those buses are fine - the 4 and 4a are probably a little closer to the clinic. Put those GPS co-ordinates into Google Maps and you can see where they are in relation to the clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No one said 14a or b :confused:

4 or 4a IMO, timetable is on the dublin bus site.

oh I am so sorry, I meant to say 41a.

Thank you Markpb, you have explained everything so clearly, just what I needed. Now I feel more confidant. Mark how often do these buses run?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

oh I am so sorry, I meant to say 41a.

Thank you Markpb, you have explained everything so clearly, just what I needed. Now I feel more confidant. Mark how often do these buses run?:)

You'll need to check the timetables because they vary. I think the 4/4a run every 10 minutes between them so you shouldn't be waiting too long. The 41s tend to run every 15 minutes and start in the city centre so you know exactly what time to get them.

The 16a is a little more unpredictable because it comes from Rathfarnham and the 746 only runs about 10 times a day and starts in Dun Laoghaire so you'd be lucky to catch it.

Thank you so much Mark, you have been so very helpful. I downloaded a map of the area and I see where the 4/4a stops and the 16a stops. It all looks so much clearer now, again thank you.:)

Hi Mark,

I had to get back on here to thank you.

I took the 16a bus from outside the carlton cinema as you suggested with no problems, it dropped me just outside entrance, the walk from there was not far. Again with no difficulty I got the 16a back to the city afterwards. All the while on the bus I thought of you and promised I would get on here to say a big thank you for your help, you made a worring time easier.

starlight09:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    All the buses will leave you outside of Crowne Plaza, there are no bus stops inside. So after getting off the bus you will have a short distance to travel after that.
    Depending on the nature of your visit, if you are injured you may not fancy the walk/hobble to the clinic.

Edit: The 16B does indeed exist but is rarely seen :)

The 16b is long gone. It ceased about 5 years ago.

Advertisement