Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maintainance on benefits

Options
  • 03-07-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

my ex moved to Cavan some years ago to avoid the CSA in England - he has now shacked up with some woman and her 4 kids - he is on invalidity benefits fleecing the system for all its worth - there is a court order in place for him to pay £10.00 per week maintaince and a warrent out 4 his arrest for non payment of maintenance - he says he won't have to pay anything cause he's on benefits?? i have checked with the welfare people and they say this is incorrect but what do you think???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'd shop him for fleecing...and then push for my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I m on benifits myself and i pay 40 euro to my childs mother its just about manageable for me. I m pretty sure you've still got to contribute by law if your on benifits anyway. Tenner a week is nothing that guy is a disgrace to avoid paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

He may be means tested but he still should contribute something. And he's a scumbag for running away like that, if you don't mind me saying. Give his address in Cavan to the CSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Klingers, you don't know the full story. It's easy to over-compensate I know. We have no idea how much of a living hell the OP made for her former partner prior to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

The OP said he was running from the CSA, that would suggest their relationship was well and truly over... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Yep, it's just a comment though, we have no idea if it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Why bother replying to a thread if you are just going to rudely assume the OP is lying and make up responses accordingly? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

cjamchats wrote: »
    my ex moved to Cavan some years ago to avoid the CSA in England - he has now shacked up with some woman and her 4 kids - he is on invalidity benefits fleecing the system for all its worth - there is a court order in place for him to pay £10.00 per week maintaince and a warrent out 4 his arrest for non payment of maintenance - he says he won't have to pay anything cause he's on benefits?? i have checked with the welfare people and they say this is incorrect but what do you think???
    Look after your child and stop stressing over what this waster is doing, basically for the time being cut him out of your life. He will be back when he grows up a bit and is lonely because of his actions. Enjoy life and better yourself for you and your child.

There are plenty of good guys out there. This guy is clearly from what you have said is not one of them, get him out of your life now if you can. You and your child will benefit lots by this action. Life is for living and kids make it even more so. Take this guy out of the picture for now and bring up your child without the bitterness that he is making. There is more to life, enjoy your child as much as they will enjoy you without this clown. Best of luck OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭rebecca 30

hey,

My ex is on Illness benefits and I still get €40 each week, not that he wanted to pay it, the courts made him, I would keep phoning the police in his area to say that theres warrens out for him, the CSA can still chase him in Cavan for your money

Advertisement