Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellewstown races/family day

• 05-07-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭

I seen a few dslrs kicking about, anyone from here head over to get pics?

I didn't go there to take pics of the gee-gees, we were doing bucket collections and brought the kids to the fair etc ... but I did grab a few quick shots.

using my knackered 70-300 and just as knackered A200 [Body IS busted on cam, AF busted on the lens, but wanted to try it in MF]

could be sharper obviously, but I like this one of Paul carberry, just after he won the first race on Hamalka -

84CF2C2EE3424C1EB39925B84FC59423-800.jpg

Couple more:

E525A47CF10144BDADA83F808B02DD83.jpg

9E64674FE3B14A92BF622B87604DDFB0.jpg

C8C171434D764B1E9374F308C9FC450C-800.jpg

Really missed the AF + IS for action shots :(

Go on, show me how it's done ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

IS wouldnt help at all with action shots just anything static.

2 one has potential, in the third one I am looking for focus on the leading rider but it seems to be behind (I know your in mf so that explains that) last one is nice just watch the cropping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Cheers. Yeah, last one is pretty much as taken [though at 90mm, could have pulled back to 70mm I guess, but I'd only just taken one at 300mm and these horse go by quick!] bar a little processing on the RAW file. I was having a lot of trouble getting good position as I had a screaming 2 year old with me at the time :( [why do they always have to start when you're about to do something!?]

I'd not have upped it only it was one of the clearest. I've never shot with MF, so it was interesting. I did find it hard to get good focus on the riders because of their speed but I feel I did learn a little :)

All I know on the IS front is that I was getting sharper shots of movement before it busted. Maybe I'm too aware of the fact it's missing? I got the shutter speed fast as lighting would allow, took some fill light later in LR.

Advertisement