Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets 4th July

Options
  • 05-07-2010 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I know it gets a lot of flak but I've got to take my hat off to Eddie Rockets today for the 4th of July party in Merrion Road Today, Free Beer, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Ice Cream, Tayto, Melon, Coke and more was a great event. It had entertainment from a 50's band, barbershop singers, entertainers, face painters and the finale saw a spectacular 15minute fireworks display.

I know people compain about Eddie Rockets and I am just the same, but after today and seeing how they invest thier money back into the customers I will be using it a lot more.... It was a great day....

Well done Eddie Rockets, you played a stormer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Wish i could say the same for tgi fridays......bar closed at 10pm:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Well done Eddie Rockets, you played a stormer...........
    in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Fuck you OP, I really want a fillet burger, cheesy chips and strawberry malt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Eddie Rockets = Empty Pockets.

Not really though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not really though.

I spent seven euro on a kebab in my local chipper today.

15 years ago, Eddie rockets seemed expensive. Now they seem cheap. That says a lot about the direction this country went tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

davyjose wrote: »

Last time I was in Amsterdam, a kebab cost me €70.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Free Beer, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Ice Cream, Tayto, Melon, Coke

Melon? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Fishie wrote: »

It's Eddie Rockets being responsible & providing a perfectly healthy an balanced diet. The melon makes up one of the "five of the day"...

1,2,3 = lettuce, onion & tomato (on the burger)

4 = Potato (in the Tayto)

5 = Melon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Fishie wrote: »

watermelon was a big there over in the states when i was there last year on 4th of july. then again there was always a lot of melon...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

places like supermacs are nearly as expensive as johnny rockets these days :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Is everyone here bitching about Eddie Rockets?

Didn't realise there was so much resentment for them.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

People only say Empty Pockets because they don't actually eat there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Eddie Rockets = Empty Pockets.

But the food is so filling, which makes it worth every cent they charge you. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Greyfox

People only say Empty Pockets because they don't actually eat there :pac:

I don't usually eat their because I think their menu selection is crap and overratted, their food doesn't taste any better then McDonalds or Burger King yet their food costs a good bit more. horrible place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I don't understand why people think Eddie Rockets is such a rip off. Sure it's more expensive than most fast food, but it's much nicer and way more filling.

I was in there a few weeks ago and had a burger and chips and it was so filling I couldn't finish the meal and I wasn't hungry again for the rest of the night. A similar meal in BK or McDonalds might be a few euro cheaper but I'd be hungry again an hour or two later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ricks Burgers is where it's at man!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From AH to Food.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iquitalready

I'd be the first to complain about Eddie Rockets being too expensive (I wouldn't dream of going in without a 2-for-1 coupon, cos I'm cheap!) but how anyone can compare it with McDonalds or Burger King is beyond me. There's more eatin' in their standard burger than in any full meal you'd get in McD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

davyjose wrote: »

15 years ago, Eddie rockets seemed expensive. Now they seem cheap. That says a lot about the direction this country went tbh.

What eddie rockets do you go to?The one in the US?:rolleyes:

I'd be the first to complain about Eddie Rockets being too expensive (I wouldn't dream of going in without a 2-for-1 coupon, cos I'm cheap!) but how anyone can compare it with McDonalds or Burger King is beyond me. There's more eatin' in their standard burger than in any full meal you'd get in McD's.

Wait what?Compare what you get for price.Your basically saying its great when they give you a big serving size but rip you off.Yes its tastier but ill still take 4 double cheese burgars over 1 Eddie rockets burgar when im starving.Around triple the meat for same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

With ER you can have one fresh made burger (from proper mince) with all the trimmings etc or you would choose processed, flattened McDs?

I like McDs - but it's not in the same league as ER's.

Compare ER's to all the "gourmet burger bars" that have cropped up in recent years - ER are excellent value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cunningchap

I can vouch for this 4th of july party as i was there,great day and they must have spent a pritty penny on it,and as for comparing mc donalds and BK as to eddie rockets that is just ridiculous ,obviously some people dont have great tastebuds,and as for the price all i can say is you get exactly what you pay for,fresh food,cooked freshly and good portions.and with there new menu and the prices are spot on.well done eddie rockets for a great day.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Gosh, such hatred towards Eddie's!

My one problem with them is that their chips are covered in awful seasoning powder!

dudara wrote: »
    With ER you can have one fresh made burger (from proper mince) with all the trimmings etc or you would choose processed, flattened McDs?

Compare ER's to all the "gourmet burger bars" that have cropped up in recent years - ER are excellent value.

I dunno what gourmet burger bars your going to but the one in Ranelagh= 2 burgers with coupon for 15euro and that will fill someone up unless starving(Although they changed the supplyer for the ribs I think, ribs aint as nice anymore :mad: ).Much more tasty and about double the serving size if not more.Its one of those burgers that its hard to get your mouth around which I love.

Yes I would rather go McDs for a burger if I was starving and there was no proper burger restaurant around.If you think Eddies aint processed then your a funny guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

dudara wrote: »

I'm with you - I think Eddies do a great burger. AMAZING shakes and the fries are pretty good too.

Yeh the shakes are pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cunningchap

Not a chance eddie rockets food is processed,I can 100% say I know all there produce is fresh,I know the company that supplies all of their produce and have done electrical work in some of the branches and know an owner very well and can be honest in sayin that the makings of all their food is fresh and I'm also sayin this as a fan of there food am not being biased just stating a fact.MCD's leaves me feeling rotton most of the time yet I still get it the odd time,dno why.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've removed some off-topic posts in this thread.
    The OP started a positive thread in relation to a 4th of July Party hosted by ER. Fair dues.

Some saw this as an opportunity for an ER slanging match. If you want to criticise ER food & prices - start a separate thread & stop dragging this one off topic.

Thanks,

HB

Advertisement