Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is best...?

• 05-07-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Folks,

Just moved into a new house outside dundalk, been on to the big providers, I can get eircom for about 50e or what ever, had them before, but not the best speeds, and no piratebay and lots of censorship too. Can go for wiMax but not sure of how good they are, can also get Digiweb dsl but dont know anything about them. Would like o go with wiMax so i wont have line rental, but there is a 150e connection charge and over the year it works out about the same as eircom with the line rental over the year. Can also get any other dsl provider also but dont know odf any other good ones.
    Would appreciate any comments or experience greatly.

Thanks,
    T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I have Digiweb and they are fairly good - it took a while to get the router in the post but its been smooth sailing since - im paying for 7.6megs and get around 6.5 at peak times

• Registered Users Posts: 37 turlach

Keithm89 wrote: »
    I have Digiweb and they are fairly good - it took a while to get the router in the post but its been smooth sailing since - im paying for 7.6megs and get around 6.5 at peak times

Thanks for the reply keith, you on their dsl? wanted to go with them most of all... They looked the best to me. Do you reckon it's possible to haggle with these heads at the min?

Do you know if the prices quoted here include phone line rental?

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/dsl/index.html

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 turlach

turlach wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply keith, you on their dsl? wanted to go with them most of all... They looked the best to me. Do you reckon it's possible to haggle with these heads at the min?

Do you know if the prices quoted here include phone line rental?

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/dsl/index.html

thanks

Just found it there, does not include line rental at all. Head is wrecked, it works out more expensive to go with digiweb. But I hated being with broadband, as a student might just go with the crappy o2 3g broadband. anyone know if wimax offer good service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yup, on the DSL but its a phone/DSL bundle - the bundle i have includes line rental

Do you have a landline with eircom already??
    Also i doubt you could haggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

turlach wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just moved into a new house outside dundalk, been on to the big providers, I can get eircom for about 50e or what ever, had them before, but not the best speeds, and no piratebay and lots of censorship too. Can go for wiMax but not sure of how good they are, can also get Digiweb dsl but dont know anything about them. Would like o go with wiMax so i wont have line rental, but there is a 150e connection charge and over the year it works out about the same as eircom with the line rental over the year. Can also get any other dsl provider also but dont know odf any other good ones.
    Would appreciate any comments or experience greatly.

Thanks,
    T

id avoid wimax in dundalk its supposed to be crap

• Advertisement
Advertisement