Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creative Mediasource (Software)

• 05-07-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey all,

Recently upgraded the computer. It's running Windows 7. I have an installation disc from Creative when I got my mp3 a few yesrs back. On the disk contains some programs to install, one of which is Creative Mediasource which is basically creatives version of itunes. (Any other creative users should know what I'm talking about) Anyway it's a great program but when I installed everthing on the new computer, I didn't get the Creative Mediasource program. I had a search on Google and apparently the program only supports XP and Vista (and older cos my old comp was running Windows 2K). So just wondering, does anyone know if this program will become compatiable with Windows 7? If not do creative have a new program for Win7 users, or is there some way I can still get the old program working on my machine?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Bump

Actually it's alright, I found a windows 7 version, Mods can close/delete this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They've stopped most legacy support now though, I have awful trouble with my Jukebox Nomad ZenXtra:rolleyes:

They've stopped most legacy support now though, I have awful trouble with my Jukebox Nomad ZenXtra:rolleyes:

Did you by any chance ever have a Zen Mirco? I have one but for some reason the drivers from the creative site to make the device recognised, won't work, I installed everything from the installation disc and I found Creative MediaSource 5 Organiser as it is the only one that is supported with Windows 7 but when I plug in the MP3 it won't show up as connected. It says it needs drivers that it can't find (when I troubleshoot) and I downloaded a driver from creatives site but it didn't work...Any Ideas?

Nah, only the Jukebox and now a Zen Stone 2GB(Still supported).

I'm on Vista(I know:rolleyes:) and it runs through the install procedures but I get errors. In the end I can drag tracks onto it, but it doesnt appear as a media device in any of my players/organisers.

Have you tried running the installer sin XP SP2 Compatibility mode?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Actually it's alright, I found a windows 7 version, Mods can close/delete this thread.

Where did you find it ?

Might be of help to people who have the same problem as you ?
    (Oops, just noticed you're having the "Not connected" problem now)

Nah, only the Jukebox and now a Zen Stone 2GB(Still supported).

I'm on Vista(I know:rolleyes:) and it runs through the install procedures but I get errors. In the end I can drag tracks onto it, but it doesnt appear as a media device in any of my players/organisers.

Have you tried running the installer sin XP SP2 Compatibility mode?

I haven't tried dragging tracks into but it but it has the same problem in that it doesn't appear as a media device in any of MY players/organisers either. I can only view it in devices and drivers section and it needs troubleshooting which is the whole drivers problem.

In terms of running the installer in XP SP2 Compatibility mode, how would I go about that? And which Installer are you refering to?
    mp3kid wrote: »
    Where did you find it ?

Might be of help to people who have the same problem as you ?
    (Oops, just noticed you're having the "Not connected" problem now)

Just type Creative Mediasource 5 into google and there is a list of a few sites that do it but I think I downloaded mine from Creatives site.

The driver .exe that you download from their site:) Right click and hit properties, go to compatibility tab and select XP.

The driver .exe that you download from their site:) Right click and hit properties, go to compatibility tab and select XP.

Ah right okay, I'll give that a shot after I transfer some music and see what happens, Thanks.

Okay! I've found the solution... I've got it working.

I was trying what you (Leathal Bullet) and I downloaded the driver to try install it again. I right-clicked but got no option for properties. I tried installing it again, after it finished I got a window saying that the driver may not have been installed properly, would you like to try install with reccommended settings. So I did that and it stopped intalling something; it said it was skipping some file, anyway after a while of waiting for it to move from 65% I cancelled it to try again but no longer got the option to retywith reccommended setting. However I checked 'Devices and Drivers' and it recognised the device properly with no issues. Only problem was it still wouldn't show up in Creative MediaSource 5. So I went back onto their website and I found a download for
    Creative ZEN and NOMAD Jukebox Plugin 5.00.22 for Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organizer. Once I installed that it recognised the Zen and it showed up in the Organiser :)

By the way, I found Creatives site bad to navigate to find the following drivers page so I searched through Google and found it through there. Here's the link to the page http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=213&subCatID=214&prodID=10795&prodName=ZEN%20Micro&subCatName=ZEN&CatName=MP3+Players at the bottom under applications it has the aforementioned download, it mgiht help your problem.

Anyway thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

Glad you got it going, great players. None of this ipod shíte:)

Advertisement