Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend Pregnant

• 05-07-2010 2:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Ive just after finding out my girlfriend is pregnant a big shock to both of us. All though i'm rather excited now. Turns out she's rather far on (4-5 months) and in the last week her bump has grown no end. Where waiting for a date for the first scan which we are hoping will be in the coming week..

I'm just wanting to know is it normal for me to be worried about the baby. As in terms of what if its sick etc etc. Being are first i cant help S**t myself so to speak.

As i said although shocked i'm all excited now. I'm looking after my partner to the best of my ability washing cooking etc. And just trying to make her as comfortable as can be. She's on folic acid and starting bio oil this weekend. Though she still hasn't taken to the idea 100% and thats understandable as we only know a week all though she is starting to come around.

Any info appreciated!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Congratulations. Becoming a parent is one of the most exciting and scary things in the world. Of course its normal to be anxious/worried/s**tting yourself! I think you'd be abnormal if you didn't. And it won't stop when the baby comes either, so be prepared!

Me and my husband are first time parents to our 6 month old daughter, and I'm sure that every day we find something to worry about... Is she eating enough? Does her wee smell funny? Whats that speckle on her belly? OMG its chickenpox/meningitis/some other tropical disease! Is she breathing? etc... etc... And we were just as bad during the pregnancy!

So anyway, yes pregnancy and parenting is worrying, but you'll love it all the same!

Good luck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks Crazy cat lady.
    Im also how long we will be waiting for a date scan and if we have to pay we have gone public and we sent the confirmation letter of last week. But since she that far gone (Bump starting to show already) I though they might have sped up the scan date. We decided on the coomb women hospital..
    Thanks again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'd ring the Coombe instead of sending a letter, I rang them and they gave me an appointment for 5 days later, I was also about 24 weeks when I got my first scan. I found out that I was pregnant very late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Everything is free if you go public.

Definately ring the coombe and explain the situation. You should get a scan very quickly under the circumstances. Letters can go missing very easily and are easy to ignore/put off replying to when you're rushed off your feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all thanks for the replies, We have an appointment this thursday. Thansk for all the Info and help...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

Hey man.. Congrats!!

Yep.. Shocked, stunned, delighted, petrified, lost, worried.. delighted again... You'll have it all and more..

My wife is 7months pregnant with our first and it takes a while to get your head around!!.. But at the end of the day there is one very simple thing to remember - Your going to have a little kid to look after and they will give you some amount of laughs and fun - hopefully for the rest of your days!

I went onto weddingsonline and they have a very good section on expecting where you can ask the ladies there any questions that you have.. They are very helpful.. At the end of the day we are not going to be in control of this one.. Best we can do is get whatever info we can and learn as we go along after that!!

The 1st scan is amazing man.. That will be one day in your life that you will never forget.. And as for being worried - Its natural but pointless.. Dont dwell on it - Always keep positive about everything - Your GF will need you to be there for her and remember one thing.. If anyone upsets her for the rest of the pregnancy.. It is your place to stand up for her and fight her battles if needs be!! Sometimes preg women can feel very very vulnerable..

Best of luck with it all - Hope everything goes well for ye and.. Enjoy!!

Advertisement