Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case of Dog Separation Anxiety?

Options
  • 05-07-2010 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

I was out with a few friends tonight, and had to leave my dog at home alone as the OH is away. He is rarely left by himself due to our working hours.
    Anyway, when I came home tonight, he had vomited while I was out and had not touched the food that I left for him. However, when I came in he gobbled up his food almost straight away (once the big welcome home was done). A few nights ago, the same thing happened while he was being looked after by our flatmate. He refused to eat and vomited while we were out, yet ate his food once we came home.
    I am wondering if this is a sign of separation anxiety, and how can we try to address this. He is in perfect health otherwise, albeit a bit fussy with food.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

It could be, make sure not to make a big fuss when you're leaving and when you return home. Give him something to do while you're away, like a kong toy or a bone to chew on. DAP is great as well if it is a case of separation anxiety.

Advertisement