Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old analogue projector

• 05-07-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭

I have a request for some info if possible please,

I am looking to lay my hands on one of the old style analogue PJ's that used the Red ggreen Blue tubes focussed onto a screen......can anyone point me in the right direction or even offer up a list of names & i can go hunting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Hi There

I've had a Sony 1272 for a few years and love it - very filmic image but it does require a good deal of tweaking and regular calibration. It's also bulky & noisy.

A few places to look;

AVS Forums CRT projector section
    is a good place to start

AVForums is a little closer to home.

A lot of gadgets, projectors and info at CurtPalme.com.

I bought mine from B4Projectors.

Hope that helps to start with!

Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

meep wrote: »
    Hi There

I've had a Sony 1272 for a few years and love it - very filmic image but it does require a good deal of tweaking and regular calibration. It's also bulky & noisy.

A few places to look;

AVS Forums CRT projector section
    is a good place to start

AVForums is a little closer to home.

A lot of gadgets, projectors and info at CurtPalme.com.

I bought mine from B4Projectors.

Hope that helps to start with!

Peter

Ah your gent.......thanks for the quick response & links.......i will go hunting now & see what i can find........will post back here with a result if i am successful.

Cheers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

Might be of interest butt there is a barco projector for sale here

http://www.cloneyaudio.com/pre-owned.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

doc crock wrote: »
    Might be of interest butt there is a barco projector for sale here

http://www.cloneyaudio.com/pre-owned.shtml

Ahh great......right here in Ireland......nice one im sure i will find what im after soon.

Advertisement