Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to CIT

Options
  • 05-07-2010 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi all, I have an exam in CIT on Friday afternoon.

I am not familiar with Cork City AT ALL. I do know the most straightforward way would be to go through the JL tunnel but after that I'm not so sure.

Can someone give me directions on how to get there or any sign I should follow? I'm travelling from Waterford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

When you come out of the tunnel

Continue onto S Ring Rd/N28
    Go through 1 roundabout 4.3 km

At Bandon Rd Roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Bishopstown Rd/N71
    500 m

Turn left at Hawkes Rd
    180 m

Turn left at Curraheen Rd
    200 m

Take the 1st right onto Melbourn Rd
    950 m

At the roundabout, take the 1st exit
    38 m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

caroj wrote: »
    Hi all, I have an exam in CIT on Friday afternoon.

I am not familiar with Cork City AT ALL. I do know the most straightforward way would be to go through the JL tunnel but after that I'm not so sure.

Can someone give me directions on how to get there or any sign I should follow? I'm travelling from Waterford.

Hi caroj,

Have a look at my website it has bus routes for Cork!

www.corkpublictransport.com the No.5 Bus goes to CIT

Or if you are driving here is a google map from Dunkettle:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=N25&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=FQv6FwMd-CiA_w%3BFeK3FwMdrsp9_w&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=16&sll=51.885114,-8.52906&sspn=0.008251,0.016544&ie=UTF8&ll=51.88963,-8.448486&spn=0.132008,0.264702&z=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 caroj

Thanks Ludo and Funsterdelux! I'll possibly have a loan of a sat nav but I know from experience of using it around Dublin, it often sends you on the scenic route where-as the locals will know the more direct route :p

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Saw something written on the wall of a toilet in ucc that said
    "Flush twice for CIT"
    So I guess it's 2 flushes away... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nah, thats to help them clear the load of crap that comes from people who have gone there and help the Gulcksman to avoid being flooded again, f*tards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Nah, thats to help them clear the load of crap that comes from people who have gone there and help the Gulcksman to avoid being flooded again, f*tards!

Wait a minute. Cork is a flood plain and has been so for hundreds of years. Those clever academics at UCC surely did not store works of art in the basement in the Glucksman below the actual floodplain?

No one would be that stupid surely? Oh wait...

By the way OP just follow or get the number 5 bus, simple as. It is the shortest route to CIT.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Leave the UCC - CIT slaggings at the door please.

Advertisement