Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Market Quarter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

RonMexico wrote: »
    If you are so positive StabCity then why did you choose such a negative username that helps to propogate a negative stereotype of the city? Maybe you should demonstrate your so called positivity on this board for once and start a thread with some suggestions of events you would like to see instead of derailing threads with your constant dryball whinging. You more than made your point in this thread so either put up or shut up. Otherwise you are just trolling.

Since when did you become a moderator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Back on topic, folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Mr E wrote: »
    Back on topic, folks.

Sorry.. Fair play Mr E.. at least you didnt just hit us with an infraction..

All in all its a good thing i suppose for the majority who drink.. For us others hopefully it will bring other benefits to the city..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Stab*City wrote: »
    Sorry.. Fair play Mr E.. at least you didnt just hit us with an infraction..

All in all its a good thing i suppose for the majority who drink.. For us others hopefully it will bring other benefits to the city..

Yes,
    Sensible moderation Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

i think this whole "market quarter" is such a good idea, it should be successfully transformed like temple bar in dublin..

just look at these pics from the other night..this could be france for all i know, really really really cool, this is what we need more of, this is what saturday night should be like in Limerick..party central!!

35884_1379790092861_1175171550_30891102_5270277_n.jpg

34454_1379792212914_1175171550_30891129_5393621_n.jpg

37389_1379793132937_1175171550_30891135_1937211_n.jpg

37389_1379793332942_1175171550_30891140_488516_n.jpg

35884_1379790372868_1175171550_30891109_3382929_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I'm as negative as anyone but Saturday night was excellent, the whole town was kicking and amazingly there wasn't any hint of trouble. Dave is right, we need more of things like this in Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

the only problem i found was everyone seemed to miss the concept of the beads:D i did however teach a few ladies lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Nice pics there lads. Loads of videos on d'icons YouTube channel here. I had a great night anyway shame about the killer hangover and beads everywhere :)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/iconniteclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Wow those pic's are amazing, I didn't realise it was that much of a success.
    Really sorry I missed it now :(

Fair play to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

How heavily was this advertised? Am I so out of touch these days that I didn't know about this until AFTER it happened? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Actually I don't think I would have known about this if it weren't for boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Millie wrote: »
    Actually I don't think I would have known about this if it weren't for boards.

That makes me feel slightly better, thanks :D
    I thought I was getting old before my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

It was advertised in the local papers for at least 2 weeks before hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Not everybody reads the local papers, especially young people. I think they had a facebook page alright and I would suggest that they make a Market Quarter page and twitter to promote future events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

i just happened to hear about it when i was out a couple weeks ago at my friends gig, they had flyers everywhere..then i noticed it in the papers..to think if this is the first year doing it..imagine how busy it would be next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wow - Looks great, congratulations to all concerned - Wishing you continued success!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

RonMexico wrote: »
    Not everybody reads the local papers, especially young people. I think they had a facebook page alright and I would suggest that they make a Market Quarter page and twitter to promote future events.

like this one
    http://www.themarketquarter.ie/

heres the facebook link
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=132436050118866&ref=mf

it was also mentioned in the Post, the Leader, limerick event guide, on Limerick 95, lyric fm(all 2 people that listen to it:D), posters throughout the city, leaflets throughout the city.

there was no way it could have been advertised more:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

So, after the relative success of the Mardi Gras and the Arthur's Day events, is anything being planned by the Market Quarter for Spring/Summer 2011? Ken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I too seem to have missed this whole
    event! Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

So, after the relative success of the Mardi Gras and the Arthur's Day events, is anything being planned by the Market Quarter for Spring/Summer 2011?

Hey guys...

Ya few things in the pipeline... Group just trying to finalise few bits and will keep everyone posted soon as..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

please please please let me set up a zombie festival!

Hey guys...

Ya few things in the pipeline... Group just trying to finalise few bits and will keep everyone posted soon as..

Thanks

Cheers Ken, looking forward to it.

Hate to be critical, but the website http://www.themarketquarter.ie/index.html
    could do with updating, events, venues etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Appidae

Hey guys,

The Market Quarter looks like it's going to be absolutely fantastic. Hopefully it can be kind of a Templebar style area in Limerick.

With regards to the website, my company Appidae are actually in talks with the Market Quarter about making an App for the area. They're really going all out to promote it.

Definitely a great thing to happen to Limerick City.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What was on for Arthurs Day???I didnt see anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

bigpink wrote: »
    What was on for Arthurs Day???I didnt see anything

Was that not the time loads of new lights where put up and down Denmark street and a big screen for a match?

I remeber they did a Heineken Green zone which was just all Heineken banners and advertising and green lights not very family friendly or great to get people to travel

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was that not the time loads of new lights where put up and down Denmark street and a big screen for a match?

Cheap pints and free gigs in a few of the bars, free Mundy gig in Flannery's for example.

My understanding (and apologies if I'm wrong) is that originally Guinness intended to have nothing on in Limerick but Ken and a few others got in touch and talked them into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Appidae

I remeber they did a Heineken Green zone which was just all Heineken banners and advertising and green lights not very family friendly or great to get people to travel

They're trying to make it less like a bar/boozey kind of area and want to make it more family/tourist friendly spot, which Limerick sorely needs.

Appidae wrote: »
    They're trying to make it less like a bar/boozey kind of area and want to make it more family/tourist friendly spot, which Limerick sorely needs.

Indeed, still a long way to go before it's a proper area (needs more restaurants, improved street scaping etc, imo) but it is improving.

Hopefully the new Market's Field will feed into this area, it's only about a 10 minute walk away.

• Advertisement

Pity the Greyhound track wasnt just redeveloped so instead of being way out the Dock road
    Cant see the Markets Field feeding into the Market quarter

Advertisement