Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back on the fantasy wagon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

ixoy wrote: »
    New or second hand?

I looked downstairs and couldn't find any copies but never thought to look upstairs as I don't like second-hand books

I did manage to get Iain Banks' "Transition" brand new for €1.99 and Joe Abercrombie's "Best Served Cold" for €6.99 though!

New, but presumably remaindered. Apart from the ref note in pencil written by the Chapters people inside the front cover, the one I bought was mint.
    I did say they were upstairs!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

New, but presumably remaindered. Apart from the ref note in pencil written by the Chapters people inside the front cover, the one I bought was mint.
    I did say they were upstairs!
    Oh I know but I just saw "Chapters" and assumed they'd be the bargain section on the ground floor. I'll have a look next week - I doubt it's selling that fast.

For fantasy readers, it's a good place to visit as there's often bargains on major fantasy titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I'm old, dude. I musta read everything by now.
    (OK, not quite, there's the odd thing I haven't got around to. Gotta save something up for when you're physically incapable of doing anything constructive but reading.)
    I've never gone into Chapters and not found something new and worth reading. Not always fantasy or sci-fi, of course. I'm a voracious reader of lit-fiction, crime thrillers, non-fiction, histories and biographies too.
    But if you're looking for some good fantasy or sci-fi (or indeed those other genres I mentioned), there's usually something worth picking up in there.
    Their sci-fi/fantasy section upstairs is VAST. Plenty of second hand stuff, but there's always remainders tucked in there too. I grabbed some Dan Simmons for myself I'd never got around to before. All brand new, all less than half RRP.

Advertisement